“Delicious oysters, great soft shell lobster!”
Review of Fishermen's Dock

Fishermen's Dock
Ranked #13 of 111 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: To our valued customers: Our goal at Fishermen's Dock is to provide a pleasurable dining experience for everyone concerned. We take pride in serving the freshest quality foods available. It is never our intention to be a fast food operation. Good food takes time to be properly prepared. During our busiest hours we will give our best effort to ensure selections are delivered in a timely manner. Thank you for your patience. Comments, good or bad, are always welcome.
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We love Fisherman's Dock! The food is always fresh and delicious while moderately priced! I highly recommend making them your first lobster stop on Route 1.

There are newer reviews for Fishermen's Dock

Reviewed 28 July 2014

In Maine over the weekend, I was in York at mealtime. I’d driven past Fisherman’s Dock countless times. This time, I was in the mood for a very casual seafood place with great food. It’s time had come.

Fisherman’s Dock has dining options:
1) Order at the walk-up window outside and eat at a picnic table under a shelter. It was a nice day so I did this.
2) Order at a walk-up counter inside and eat at a table indoors.

I had the Haddock Boat with coleslaw and French fries at $13.95.

The employees at the order window and in the kitchen were all happy. They were a well-coordinated team. They gave off a very good vibe. I rate service excellent.

During my wait, I saw two large lobster rolls come out in someone else’s order. The Pick-Up Window gent said that each contained 8 oz. of lobster meat. Those went for $19.95 each. The smaller size was $15.95.

It was about a 10-minute wait for my food. I took my meal to a picnic table.

The food was hot. It was well-prepared. The fries were good. The haddock was of good quality. It tasted very fresh. The four sizable chunks of fhaddock made a good portion. The coleslaw was chopped finer than my preference, but it was tasty. It contained poppy seeds. That was different. I was able to eat about half my meal. I packed the other half to go. I rate my meal very good.

Next time, I’d like to try the smaller lobster roll.

If you found this review helpful, kindly click YES below.

2  Thank Maurene_K
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I would recommend no one go here. 8 days before our wedding the owner of this location Kent Kilgor blew up at me, and blamed me for any confusion that happened after he jacked up his quote by $1200... after swearing at me he told me that he will no longer be catering my wedding in 7 days and hung up on me... I feel like he has multiple personalities because then my fiancé called him and he was being all pleasant saying he still planned on doing the wedding. Sounds sexist to me... It is very bad business to blame the customer, swear and hang up on them no matter what. This was a simple event with 100 people lobster and chicken dinners. Anyone can pull it off except Kent Kilgore! Do not use them for anything. Boiled lobster tastes the same at every other lobster shack and you won't experience the rude service.

5  Thank Cwmelnik
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My good friend lives in York and recommended we head over to Fisherman's Dock for lunch last week. It was a dreary day, but warm enough to sit outside. It's what I classify as fast food seafood - nothing more, nothing less. I'm not a big fan of fried anything so was interested to see what their broiled haddock and scallop special would taste like. In a word - delicious! Fresh, fresh seafood - scallops were sweet and cooked to perfection, haddock the same. Their ritz cracker topping is just "okay" - but the fish was fabulous... baked potato, coleslaw - all for $17... fair price. My friends had all the other normal fare - fried clams, oysters and even a boiled lobster. Everyone was full and happy.
We ate outside under their covered patio area at picnic tables. pleasant and almost bug free.
I definitely wouldn't stop and eat inside.. it's NOT a restaurant - the inside tables look like an after thought.. but the food is good and that's what we came for....
Would I go back - Absolutely... the food is well prepared and fresh....

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Headed towards the Maine diner when this place caught our attention. lots of cars (smart people) and so we said let's go for it. Spoke to the owner who guaranteed we'd like his lobster roll..we did. Best fried clam strips I have ever had. Great fried shrimp. Everything just wonderful. it is a fish market folks..So what? smells terrific. The place is immaculate. fair price. People who care. Go here if you want great seafood.

Been to Fishermen's Dock? Share your experiences!