“Tasty, fresh lunch and breakfast, and god coffee”

Stonewall Kitchen Cafe
Ranked #8 of 112 Restaurants in York
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The review is based on what I expect of a good breakfast and lunch spot. High quality fresh ingredients in everything. Very good coffee and bakery, cooked-to-order eggs and waffles, oatmeal, excellent lox and bagel plate.. Tasty lunch sandwiches and salads, well-seasoned. Good prices, especially for the quality.

Browse the adjacent shop for the full range of their jams, preserves, chutneys, sauces, etc. as well as other kitchen-and-able related gift items.

My sister lives in the area and in regular here.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

While the products from Stonewall are wonderful, the Cafe lacks the ambiance that one would expect from Stonewall Kitchen. The food is just okay, the service is lacking and there's not much else to say.

3  Thank readytotravel_7
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Looking for a fun activity to share with a group of friends or family ? Maybe dad would love this as a Father's Day treat in June ?
This is fun, entertaining and after you see the Chef demo the recipes, you get to enjoy a three or four course lunch or dinner !
Good value for money, and you get the printed recipes to take home. Plus, ten percent off cooking stuff, cook books, etc, in the Cooking School store !

Reviewed 1 April 2014

One of my "must do" things whenever my wife and I are in Southern Maine is to stop in at Stonewall Kitchen's flagship store in York, Maine. Besides, a terrific cooking school and a wonderful shop where all their terrific products are sold, is their café. The food there is wonderful and fresh and tastes delicious. I had the Lobster BLT for the first time and have to say it was one of the best sandwiches that I have ever had! Lots of lobster, crispy bacon, lettuce and tomato with just the right amount of mayo between two perfectly toasted pieces of Texas Toast. Along with sweet potato fries, it made for a memorable lunch and was splurge worthy both in cost and in calories. I have eaten at Stonewall Kitchen Café every time we are in the area and have never been disappointed by either the food or the service. Everything on the menu is worth ordering but since I love fresh lobster, I make sure I get it while I'm here and this place is one of the best in the area to enjoy it. Next time, we visit here, my wife will order the lobster BLT and I'm going for the Lobster Mac & Cheese. I can't wait!!!!

2  Thank TimandCarol
Reviewed 31 March 2014

No trip through York in Southern Maine is complete without stopping at the Stonewall Kitchen Café for breakfast,lunch, or just coffee, followed or preceded by browsing the flagship store and sampling some of the unique mustards, sauces, jams, jellies, and other specialty foods that made Stonewall Kitchen famous.

Stonewall Kitchen is in a convenient location. Its access roadway is off Route 1. Nearby there's an exit and on ramps for Route 95 North or South.

During an early spring vacation in Southern Maine, I ate lunch here. The menu is full of one-of-a-kind items. Many are made with Stonewall Kitchen products. I had the Roasted Vegetable Panini at $8.00. It had roasted yellow squash and zucchini marinated in Stonewall Kitchen Olive Oil Balsamic Dressing, plus fresh thyme, baby spinach, sliced vine-ripened tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, and house-made basil mayonnaise. It was on rosemary bread. It was BEST and the MESSIEST panini I've ever had! It was absolutely DELICIOUS.

I also had a cup of decaf coffee. The café serves coffee from Carpe Diem Coffee Roasting Co. in nearby North Berwick. It's wonderful premium coffee that’s roasted fresh daily locally. Carpe Diem is open to the public on weekdays. It's worth a stop for a great cup of coffee and a few bags of coffee for home use. See my TripAdvisor review of Carpe Diem.

After lunch, I browsed the store and got a jar of the Caramelized Onion Mustard which I really liked.

It's worth the drive up to York after shopping at the Kittery Outlets.

If you found this review helpful, kindly click YES below.

3  Thank Maurene_K