“Three times in six weeks!”
Review of Morning Glory Inn

Morning Glory Inn
Ranked #2 of 23 York B&B and Inns
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Three times in six weeks!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We have been traveling to York, Maine for almost 16 years and after finding the Morning Glory Inn, we will not stay anywhere else. In fact, we have been three times in six weeks and will keep going back as long as we are traveling to York. Margie and Doug are friendly, gracious, and generous hosts who bend over backwards to make their guests feel comfortable. They even packed us a delicious breakfast when my husband needed to leave at 6am. Margie is a wonderful cook and has adroitly managed dietary restrictions including gluten-free and vegetarian guests. I recommend them most highly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I am not really a bed and breakfast kind of person, but my experience a few weeks back completely changed my mind. My family went up for my grandmothers birthday, and we had an absolute blast. The Innkeepers could not have been more friendly, helpful, and pleasant to be around. Each room has a different theme, and its own unique character. The beds are incredible, and every morning you wake up feeling great! The inn itself is a very cozy get away, with great access to anything you want to do in York, or even between York and Portland!
I will 100% go back and wholeheartedly endorse this experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Framingham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I am not a bed & breakfast person. I find the rooms are often too small, over decorated, lack privacy, and not worth the money.

My wife found this B&B and I was thoroughly impressed. It is not any of the above. In fact, it is quite spacious, offers privacy both in the rooms and in the B&B, the food was phenomenal, and the hosts (Doug and Margie) are just great. They leave you alone and if you want to talk, you'll find interesting conversation. It is located in a beautiful spot and if you like to walk, a great location. We're coming back in the summer.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jilly T
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Exceeds all expectations of a typical B and B because of the wonderful attention to detail.
Lotions and potions in the bathroom were like a top flight resort. Had luxurious sheets and towels, peaceful quiet retreat in quaint New England setting, with accessibility to all the amenities and nature walks I craved for my weekend in southern Maine. Margie and Doug took care of my every need but gave me plenty of privacy. My room was fully equipped with TV and fridge and I had a peaceful view of nature. There's a nice library alcove, and several sitting areas with fireplaces and a wood stove to cozy up to as well as outdoor patio space to curl up with a good book. I told Margie about my dietary restrictions and was served one of the best breakfasts that I've had in months! See photo of the dairy free omelet, and Margie's home made muffins and granola with fresh berries that I was served with ease. Fantastic!
Highly recommend and can't wait to visit again!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique and wonderful. I look forward to trying them all!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sequoia P
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 January 2014

A lovely property with beautiful décor and an expansive garden. Charming hosts who provided expert advice re local walks, restaurants, and sightseeing. A delicious and tasty breakfast each morning of our two day stay, and interesting, charming fellow guests was the icing on the cake. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pwayland
Also consider these accommodations in or near York
York Harbor Inn
Inn at Tanglewood Hall
Inn at Tanglewood Hall
#1 of 5 in York Harbor
Lighthouse Inn and Carriage House

Been to Morning Glory Inn? Share your experiences!