Morning Glory Inn
Ranked #2 of 23 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We recently stayed 2 wonderful nights at the Morning Glory Inn. Margie and Doug were very friendly hosts and we enjoyed visiting them during our stay. What an incredible location – so peaceful yet so close to everything in the York area. Our room, Rachel's Suite, was so fresh and cozy and we loved listening to the wildlife on our own little porch. Margie’s breakfasts were wonderful. I especially liked her homemade granola. If you’re looking for some peace and quiet in the York are then this is the place to stay.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We’ve been going to the Morning Glory for the past 4 years and we love it. Margie and Doug, the new owners of the Inn, have done a great job of putting their stamp on the Morning Glory. We loved the fact that coffee, hot water with different available teas, and treats that Margie baked are available at 7 AM, and breakfast starts at 8:30. The individual breakfasts are great, and they make their own granola, which is yummy. We stayed in the Heron room with the big soaker tub, king bed, and the shower is big enough for two. Coming back to the Inn in the evening we always found some yummy treat awaiting us, again baked by Margie. If you’re out for lunch or dinner try Chauncey Creek Lobster Pier, which is a short drive from the Inn. The food and atmosphere are great and is a BYOB (Bring your own bottle). Can’t wait to come back for another visit. Thanks Margie & Doug for a great visit.

Room Tip: The Heron room with the big soaker tub, king bed, and the shower is big enough for two.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This was a great place for a weekend getaway. My boyfriend and I just finished up finals and wanted to get away from school before having to return home and the Morning Glory Inn was perfect. Even though the inn keepers, Margie and Doug, were new to the realm of B&Bs, it didn't show in the slightest when they made delicious breakfasts and provided afternoon tea and snacks. Although the Rachel Suite was a little short for my boyfriend (6'9"), we had a blast. The inn is within driving distance of many sights but still out of the way of the main downtown area, giving the inn a more secluded and cozy feel. Overall, I would definitely go back for the ambiance, the hospitality, and the food!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We have been traveling to York, Maine for almost 16 years and after finding the Morning Glory Inn, we will not stay anywhere else. In fact, we have been three times in six weeks and will keep going back as long as we are traveling to York. Margie and Doug are friendly, gracious, and generous hosts who bend over backwards to make their guests feel comfortable. They even packed us a delicious breakfast when my husband needed to leave at 6am. Margie is a wonderful cook and has adroitly managed dietary restrictions including gluten-free and vegetarian guests. I recommend them most highly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I am not really a bed and breakfast kind of person, but my experience a few weeks back completely changed my mind. My family went up for my grandmothers birthday, and we had an absolute blast. The Innkeepers could not have been more friendly, helpful, and pleasant to be around. Each room has a different theme, and its own unique character. The beds are incredible, and every morning you wake up feeling great! The inn itself is a very cozy get away, with great access to anything you want to do in York, or even between York and Portland!
I will 100% go back and wholeheartedly endorse this experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I am not a bed & breakfast person. I find the rooms are often too small, over decorated, lack privacy, and not worth the money.

My wife found this B&B and I was thoroughly impressed. It is not any of the above. In fact, it is quite spacious, offers privacy both in the rooms and in the B&B, the food was phenomenal, and the hosts (Doug and Margie) are just great. They leave you alone and if you want to talk, you'll find interesting conversation. It is located in a beautiful spot and if you like to walk, a great location. We're coming back in the summer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jilly T
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Exceeds all expectations of a typical B and B because of the wonderful attention to detail.
Lotions and potions in the bathroom were like a top flight resort. Had luxurious sheets and towels, peaceful quiet retreat in quaint New England setting, with accessibility to all the amenities and nature walks I craved for my weekend in southern Maine. Margie and Doug took care of my every need but gave me plenty of privacy. My room was fully equipped with TV and fridge and I had a peaceful view of nature. There's a nice library alcove, and several sitting areas with fireplaces and a wood stove to cozy up to as well as outdoor patio space to curl up with a good book. I told Margie about my dietary restrictions and was served one of the best breakfasts that I've had in months! See photo of the dairy free omelet, and Margie's home made muffins and granola with fresh berries that I was served with ease. Fantastic!
Highly recommend and can't wait to visit again!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique and wonderful. I look forward to trying them all!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sequoia P
Also consider these accommodations in or near York
York Harbor Inn
#1 of 36 in Ogunquit
Inn at Tanglewood Hall
Inn at Tanglewood Hall
#1 of 5 in York Harbor

Been to Morning Glory Inn? Share your experiences!