“A Great weekend away with Friends” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dockside Guest Quarters and Restaurant

Dockside Guest Quarters and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 23 York B&B and Inns
Taunton, MA
“A Great weekend away with Friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2009

Four of us decided to celebrate our 60th birthdays by taking a weekend trip to maine. We stayed at the Dockside for the views, and were extremely happy with it, especially for the sunrise. The staff was great, even offering us wine glasses and wine opened so we could enjoy having wine in our rooms in front of the fireplace. We made sure our rooms were next to each other. They also offered tons of privacy. Our whole weekend was great, especially with the cleanliness of the rooms and scenery. The owner usually does a morning boat ride, but since it was full, he offered to do an afternoon one. We are considering leaving our husbands home and doing another weekend again next year.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank ForgetfulMom60

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

This property is beautiful. We arrived for a weekend stay. This resort does a wedding business and all the service that was available was for that. No one offered us any help at all and our room was at the top of a long flight of stairs. We struggled with the bags
going up but we let them slide alone down the stairs when we left. There was very little service at breakfast and the food was very average. In addition, the resort sits by standing water and we all got eaten alive by mosquitos. Stay somewhere else or don't go on a weekend.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank larrchar
Atlantic City, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2009

This was our first trip to Maine and our first stop. We spent one night at the Dockside and wished it could have been longer. The property sits on a small cove and you have a great view of this cove, the marina and some of the ocean. The property is well kept and the rooms are spacious, clean and have a deck with great views. The staff was very friendly and couldn't have been more hospitable. They were great with suggestions for things to do, places to eat and directions. I would definitely stay here again. We had a great time. Be sure to go see the lighthouse!

Rural New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2009

We spent 3 nights at Dockside in September. The grounds were immaculate and were well provided with croquet, badminton, shuffleboard, adirondack chairs and a gazebo. The room was like an adorable little seaside cottage white paint and painted wooden walls. Our room had it's very own deck overlooking the river out to the sea. We watched Great Blue Herons feeding right in front of us. Each morning came with a lovely buffet breakfast that could be eaten inside or on the beautiful front porch of the main house. We had dinner at the adjoining restaurant one evening and I had the best Tuna dinner of my life- with local tomatoes and beets on the appetizer.

Tampa, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2009

The Dockside Guest Quarters is located on a beautiful, very scenic piece of property that overlooks a small marina / harbor, looking out to the ocean. Enough can’t be said about the views! We had 2 rooms in the Lookout buildings. Each room has its own small, private deck looking out towards the harbor and ocean. The rooms are not fancy, but comfortable. Each room has a TV (if that’s important to you) and a standard size bathroom. The breakfast was very good with a nice variety.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2009

The Lusty family and Staff at the Dockside are wonderful! My family and I ate at the Restaurant twice and both times we were not dissappointed. The food was absolutely delicious! Service was excellent! The breakfast in the morning at the Maine house was plentiful. Cereal, Yogurt w/fresh Maine blueberries, O.J. & Cranberry juice, Coffee,Tea, assorted muffins,breads, egg casserole & danish. It was such a great way to start our day! On our 2nd day at the Dockside, My husband and 2 sons took a Harbor Cruise offered by the Owner of the Inn, Eric Lusty. My boys absolutely loved it and have been talking about it for days! I can't say enough great things about the Dockside. It's a gem, tucked away from all of the hussle on Long/Short Sands Beach.

We stayed in a Queen w/Alcove in one of the waterfront buildings. The view was beautiful and it was great to hear and see the boats coming in and out of the Harbor. During our stay however, I encounted very rude neighbors! This couple just got married on the grounds. After their wedding, they decided to have an "after-party". The party became very loud. We could see people walking over from the dozens infront of the property bringing their own beer. The partying began before 8:00 p.m. and by 11:30 p.m., I couldn't take anymore of these people swearing and being loud & beligerant. Not to mention inconsiderate. I opened my front door and sternly but politely told them to stop. After about 10-15 minutes, everyone left and the next morning I got an apology from the Father-of-the- Bride. It's just rude! I didn't go on vacation to pay
$240/ night to listen to that! Don't get me wrong, I was married once too, but I never acted immature like that. If your're going to get married at the Dockside, then be respectful of your neighbors! This goes for the people that commented earlier too about their own wedding!

I would definately go back to the Dockside. However, I would plan to go in the middle of the week to avoid Weddings and After-partys.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2009

Dockside guest quarters and restaurant is set on a beautiful waterfront location. The inn looks charming and everything you'd like a small Maine inn to be. However, I was treated with an exceptionally rude attitude by the staff when I arrived and even more so when I inquired about holding a reception at the inn. One woman acted as if I was really "putting her out" with my inquiry. The dockside restaurant was one of my top choices for where I would like to hold my wedding reception, but after the attitude of the staff I want them to know that they just lost a customer.
Even though the location is beautiful, the stuffiness of the staff would make this a horrible wedding experience.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank goldenthing
Also consider these accommodations in or near York
York Harbor Inn
Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa
Inn at Tanglewood Hall
Inn at Tanglewood Hall
#1 of 5 in York Harbor

Been to Dockside Guest Quarters and Restaurant? Share your experiences!