“Great breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sun & Surf Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 104 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Burlington, Massachusetts
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We have breakfast here every year and it's such a pretty view. If it's warm enough and not too windy you can sit outside. The breakfast is very nice with great service, They kept refilling my coffee which I loved!

Visited August 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Awful food, nice views”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Ate here on a chilly Sunday evening on the sheltered outside terrace. Nice views of the ocean, but the was the highlight. The service was fine, but the food was quite bad. I ordered broiled local fish and scallops, and fries. The fish and scallop portions were tiny, overcooked, and not very appealing. The fries were too hard and did not taste very fresh. My daughter had the same fries, same problem, and then her sirloin, which she ordered medium rare came somewhere between medium well and well done. She was extremely disappointed. I guess the price is for the view, rather than for the food. My in laws did say that the veggie burgers were OK. I would not go back under any circumstances.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Stoughton, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We had originally intended on going to another restaurant on Long Sands for breakfast, but there was no parking, so we kept going, looking for a place to turn around to try parking at Short Sands. We turned around in the Sun & Surf, there was a parking spot left, so we decided to give it a try!

The patio is gorgeous, the view and landscaping are great. The coffee was great, and my eggs benedict were the best I've ever had. My fiance was equally pleased with his eggs and pancakes. We'll definitely be back next year.

• Visited June 2013
North Providence, Rhode Island
“Sun, Surf & Good Food: had all three!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

This afternoon, we stopped at a restaurant that we have frequented before. We had a great outdoor table with an umbrella to help us to enjoy the sun and surf. This was not a dinner adventure but rather an afternoon treat. I had a glass of the William Hill Chardonnay (excellent wine) with an order of mussels. The mussels were prepared in a butter and garlic broth. The mussels were very fresh and quite tasty.

Our server was Dawn. She provided very efficient and friendly service.

It was a great prelude to enjoying an hour or so at the Long Sands Beach in York, Maine.

• Visited July 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Consistent and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

My family and I have been going to this restaurant for years, and it never disappoints. Sitauted beautifully on the water, between Short Sands and Long Sands beaches in York, ME, this restaurant serves simple yet delicious food every time. We usually go for breakfast when we're on vacation and we have always enjoyed our time there. It's usually always busy, but I've never had a wait of more than 10-15 minutes. There is a dining room, patio (both covered and uncovered), as well as a takeout window on one end. Lots of options! Must go!

• Visited May 2013