“Loser Lobster Roll”

Ranked #30 of 113 Restaurants in York
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Brought my daughter to the Kittery outlets to pick out a graduation gift, then decided to ride
up the coast to get a Maine lobster roll. Stopped at Sun & Surf on Long Sands beach.
The location was fantastic over looking the beach, the lobster rolls however were not.
I started with a cup of clam chowder which was OK. Then the rolls came out. I immediately
noticed most of the lobster meat in the rolls was claw meat, which I prefer over tail meat
however, they included that part of the claw at the tips, you know the chalky, tasteless part
which should be discarded from any quality lobster salad? Not only was the quality poor,
the portion was rather skimpy.
The service was great, atmosphere pleasing and the restaurant appeared very clean.
I would not recommend coming here for a lobster roll.

1  Thank Mark G

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Right on the beach, and I mean the beach side of the road, not across the road from the beach. Sunday lunch, we sat outside and ate lobster type food in the sun, very pleasant. The bill for two was around $45, which I though was reasonable considering the setting and the quality of food served. Service was excellent.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Each year for my birthday my husband and I or shall I say, my husband takes me to the Sun and Surf for a delicious breakfast with a window view of the beautiful ocean. The meal is always great and the coffee is plentiful. Nice and hot and brewed fresh. I look forward to visiting each and next year will be my 10th annual visit.

Dani

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We have breakfast here every year and it's such a pretty view. If it's warm enough and not too windy you can sit outside. The breakfast is very nice with great service, They kept refilling my coffee which I loved!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Ate here on a chilly Sunday evening on the sheltered outside terrace. Nice views of the ocean, but the was the highlight. The service was fine, but the food was quite bad. I ordered broiled local fish and scallops, and fries. The fish and scallop portions were tiny, overcooked, and not very appealing. The fries were too hard and did not taste very fresh. My daughter had the same fries, same problem, and then her sirloin, which she ordered medium rare came somewhere between medium well and well done. She was extremely disappointed. I guess the price is for the view, rather than for the food. My in laws did say that the veggie burgers were OK. I would not go back under any circumstances.