“I love the Bagel Basket”
Review of Bagel Basket

Bagel Basket
Ranked #43 of 110 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I LOVE THE BAGEL BASKET! The food is delicious and there are so many great choices for coffee. The chicken salad sandwich is my favorite sandwich in the world. The indoor and outdoor sitting areas are gorgeous. The service is speedy and the staff is incredibly attractive. I would recommend this place to anyone who likes food, particularly breakfast or lunch.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

I have been here many times and think the sandwhiches and coffee are terrific. Love their bagels and the hazelnut/coconut coffee is out of this world. The downside is the help have the most obnoxious tip jar I have ever seen anywhere and I cant imagine why the owner allows this. You really feel as if they might just spit in your food if you dont tip them. And they are not the friendliest staff I have seen. This place deserves better as do the customers. I hate to avoid it because of this, but I find ,myself going elsewhere to avoid dealing with the negatives here.

1  Thank CapeNeddickbythesea
bagelbagel, Owner at Bagel Basket, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2012

I would first like to thank you for taking time to review my restaurant. I'm happy to hear that you enjoy our coffee and sandwiches. I apologize if you find the staffs tip jars obnoxious I don't know to which you speak. They try to be funny and whimsical. In no way is anyone expected to tip especially if my staff didn't "exceed" your expectations and I mean that. I try to run a very friendly upbeat lighthearted shop. If I have failed you in that respect that falls on me and I will continue to try harder. Thank You again,

Sean R. Mitchell
Owner
Bagel Basket LLC.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

Delicious bagels, many bagel choices, lots of spreads to choose from. They also have a nice selection of sandwiches and drinks, coffees/teas. Great place for breakfast, a quick snack, and even lunch. Convenient location to the hospital and nearby shops and churches.
4 out of 5 though because the staff have a long way to go before I can even call them cordial. Not many "free smiles" given out at this place. Another plus, usually speedy service. You can sit outside in the adirondack chairs, or inside at the rustic tables. Cute place. You can park anywhere on the road for those that think parking is tricky...it's not that bad.

1  Thank Divinity22
Reviewed 17 June 2012

The Bagel Basket has always been a personal favorite growing up in York Beach, ME. When I moved down south, I can't even express how bad I wanted/CRAVED an onion bagel toasted w/ cream cheese from The Bagel Basket! It is my favorite place to go for breakfast, and they have the worlds BEST onion bagels! All the coffee/food is great and reasonably priced!

Tip:
Get there early because the best bagels sell FAST! Also, sometimes the lines are huge, but it's worth the wait!

Reviewed 30 April 2012

we had very yummy bagel breakfast sandwiches. i chose no meat ,my companion chose bacon.we also had very tasty decaf and "regular" crafted coffees.i have enjoyed this spot for breakfast for a few years now.highly recommend a stop on your journey.the only negative is that the parking is very tricky(we are here in the off season so its not an issue at the moment!!

2  Thank mcloven77

Been to Bagel Basket? Share your experiences!