“OK bagel, egg and cheese sandwich, Cash only”
Review of Bagel Basket

Bagel Basket
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in York
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

I have had better. Simple order was done wrong (asked for butter on bagel). Cash only which is inconvenient and strange.

1  Thank Napalicoastkauai
There are newer reviews for Bagel Basket

Reviewed 8 July 2013

The chicken salad sandwich will blow your mind. It has delicious and fresh chicken mixed with awesome spices and herbs to create a perfect flavor. The sandwich also came with the usual tomato, lettuce, and onions, but also came with sprouts (which usually is charged extra at bagel places). The coffee was also really good and there is a good selection, including a New England blend that is really good.

The decor in the restaurant is trendy and cool. The place has nice places to sit inside and outside. The adironback chairs on the front lawn are really comfortable. The staff is great (most of them young) and I think they are a family, but could not be sure. If you are in the York, Ogunquit, Kittery, Moody, or Wells area, I highly suggest you make your way to this delicious bagel shop.

1  Thank KECournoyer
Reviewed 2 March 2013

I LOVE THE BAGEL BASKET! The food is delicious and there are so many great choices for coffee. The chicken salad sandwich is my favorite sandwich in the world. The indoor and outdoor sitting areas are gorgeous. The service is speedy and the staff is incredibly attractive. I would recommend this place to anyone who likes food, particularly breakfast or lunch.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

I have been here many times and think the sandwhiches and coffee are terrific. Love their bagels and the hazelnut/coconut coffee is out of this world. The downside is the help have the most obnoxious tip jar I have ever seen anywhere and I cant imagine why the owner allows this. You really feel as if they might just spit in your food if you dont tip them. And they are not the friendliest staff I have seen. This place deserves better as do the customers. I hate to avoid it because of this, but I find ,myself going elsewhere to avoid dealing with the negatives here.

1  Thank CapeNeddickbythesea
bagelbagel, Owner at Bagel Basket, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2012

I would first like to thank you for taking time to review my restaurant. I'm happy to hear that you enjoy our coffee and sandwiches. I apologize if you find the staffs tip jars obnoxious I don't know to which you speak. They try to be funny and whimsical. In no way is anyone expected to tip especially if my staff didn't "exceed" your expectations and I mean that. I try to run a very friendly upbeat lighthearted shop. If I have failed you in that respect that falls on me and I will continue to try harder. Thank You again,

Sean R. Mitchell
Owner
Bagel Basket LLC.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

Delicious bagels, many bagel choices, lots of spreads to choose from. They also have a nice selection of sandwiches and drinks, coffees/teas. Great place for breakfast, a quick snack, and even lunch. Convenient location to the hospital and nearby shops and churches.
4 out of 5 though because the staff have a long way to go before I can even call them cordial. Not many "free smiles" given out at this place. Another plus, usually speedy service. You can sit outside in the adirondack chairs, or inside at the rustic tables. Cute place. You can park anywhere on the road for those that think parking is tricky...it's not that bad.

1  Thank Divinity22