“Year Round ‘Must Visit’ for us in York!”
Review of Bagel Basket

Bagel Basket
Ranked #36 of 113 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$1 - US$7
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The bagels are excellent (New Yorkers may find them the city’s standard, but for the rest of us they’re great). Both bagels and possible fillings come in as many varieties as anyone could expect. Coffee is flavorful and hot, but there are no espresso drinks or other foo-foo coffees.

So the food is abundant and delicious, but it’s the atmosphere and staff that bring us back so often. The two front parlors of an old house casually decorated with sufficient distractions to occupy too much of my attention. A young person quickly and cheerfully usually takes our order for which we must pay cash (there’s an ATM on the premises).

A cheerful server delivers our baskets before we even have a chance to get into our coffees. And that brings me to a mystery that my wife always wonders at. That always different young server puts each basket in front of the correct member of our party!

Eat in, enjoy the Maine weather outside or carry your bagels off to the beach or wherever - we often swing by for a meal to go as we begin our drive home.

York is a magical place and Bagel Basket is a classic stop for any visit.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

On our way home we bumped into the Bagel Basket and bought 2 sandwiched to take on the road. Both were deliciously made.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

First time here with a friend . Surprised at the reviews ,as the bagels are really average /not at all chewy or baked like at Breugghers or Iggy’s in Massachusetts or places in nyc. More like a toasted bread! Owner should consider another vendor ,as they have a great business going since there is no bagel place in York! Sorry, have to agree with some of the already mentioned quality comments, and I love bagels!!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I had the Asiago bagel with chive cream cheese, both were good. I would come here again. Looks like a lot of locals eat here.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I got a sausage egg and cheese on an english muffin. The sausage and egg were microwaved and the English muffin was burnt. Cash only with an ATM on premises. The only employee seemed annoyed with us. My wife got a asiago bagel with cream cheese which she liked. Glad I tried it, won't be back.

Been to Bagel Basket? Share your experiences!