“Hidden Location”

Dockside Restaurant on York Harbor
Reserve with OpenTable
Dockside Restaurant on York Harbor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 111 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, Bar, Pub
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 103
Description: The approach to the Dockside Restaurant is all part of the Dockside’s charm. You are treated to views of the York River and the grand “summer cottages” as you turn onto Harris Island Road to reach Dockside Restaurant. The view is quintessential Maine, people hustling up and down the docks, gleaming yachts and colorful lobster boats in front of a rock and pine-tree shore. Dockside’s recent renovation is perfect, warm and comfortable. Hardwood floors, European style lighting floor to ceiling window and a new mahogany bar with an adjoining outdoor cocktail deck. During warm months seating is available on our harbor view screen porch. The atmosphere is casual but the food is serious. Chef Dennis la Planet has been recognized as a “chef’s chef”. North Atlantic seafood prepared with a northern Italian influence and aged steaks are just the start. Lunch features organic salads, creative sandwiches and traditional favorites; fish and chips, chowders and fried clams too.
Reviewed 14 October 2013

One certainly needs a GPS to find this place! Very hidden on a narrow road skirting the harbor. Beautiful views once you find it. Food was hot when served which is a huge plus for me. My portion of duck with stuffing was generous, but felt the other guests' portions of fish were scanty for the price charged. Green salad was nothing special nor large. I feel this is the place to go for a beautiful view.

1  Thank BostonBrahminNashua
There are newer reviews for Dockside Restaurant on York Harbor

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Staying at the B&B we should clearly dine here. The bread served during the meal is delicious. So is the New England Seafood Chowder and the crab cakes

Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants. We make reservations to insure we get a table with a good view. The food is great, the service is friendly and the view is pure coast of Maine. i only wish they were open in the winter,

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I really liked the Dockside Restaurant . The wait staff was very attentive, they offer a varied menu, generous portion, tasty food, great location, great value, clean and family friendly.

1  Thank shaskins125
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We could have sat on the deck and watched the boats all day and enjoyed the great food and drink here. The baked stuffed lobster, although timely, was well worth it. As a New Englander, I have been eating various forms of lobster my whole life, this was the best I have ever had. My only reason for not giving "5 stars" was a fly in my beer. I am an easy-going guy and let it go (didn't mention it to her and didn't effect her tip). But, when everyone at our table could see it even as the waitress brought over our drinks - and yet she (nor apparently the bartender at slow lunch on a Friday) could see it, there is an issue. Other than that, again, great food, great views, fair prices - order the baked stuffed lobster. It's worth the wait!