“Gone downhill!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
“Gone downhill!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

We have been coming here for years, it has always been great, friendly, awesome lobster roll and cole slaw, great service. This year, we had the rudest service ever! I have never seen/ witnessed such rude customer service. The lobster roll was still great, even though it went up $1 since last year, it is still a great value @9.99. I used to love the cole slaw, but this year something changed, there was no flavor at all. At 1:00 pm, the outdoor trash was completely overflowed. Behavior and attitude of employees is the worst I have ever experienced!, I won't be returning!

3 Thank StephanieSelene

“Worse experience ever!!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I walked in with my family and saw signs that read order here. Unknown to me there was a small dining area in the back where they want you to sit and be waited on. They assumed since I skipped the waitress I was going to eat outside but with two little kids and the picnic tables so close to a busy street I decided against it! Now since I wrongly ordered up front I saw the front cashier lady tell the waitress that would've waited on me what I did and it was like getting black listed. They were so rude. Than they were out of small milk cartons and this other lady said oh no problem I'll just pour some in a cup for you. She pours my 2yr old like 16 ounces of milk and tried to charge $2.50 for it! I told the cashier that all I asked for was a little milk and she gives me this angry look and reruns it. After we were finished I had to go search for a to-go container because the waitress was not paying any attention to us. On the way out I said goodbye and the lady just looks at us and turns her head like she didnt hear us. I told her she needed to cheer up and she looks back at me but didn't say anything! Im quite surprised im writing this bad review because this is my first one ever but I felt that the customer service from the very beginning to end was the worst I'd ever experienced. After I got my food I wanted to leave. I hope they get a lot more friendly and more understanding with their customers in the future.

2 Thank lifes2shrt
Ashland, MA - USA
“It's kind of like a sub shop - no real market”
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

We got takeout and they forgot the salad dressing - kind of a pain as we had none at the rental house. The "famous" $10 lobster roll is more like a slider - you get what you pay for. I suppose if we lived in the area though we would give it another try in hopes it would be better. If you are not in the area it is definitely not worth the trip.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank JTofAshland
Belchertown, Massachusetts, United States
“WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!! OWNER IS HORRIBLE!!!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was far and away the worst restaurant experience I have ever had!!!!! The owner and his son are the rudest business owners I have ever encountered in my life! I am in this area a lot during the summer and will never ever give them my business and I suggest the same for others!

This is what happened, I called and placed a take out order hearing that they had good fish and chips. My wife and I ordered a fisherman's platter ($30!!), bowl of clam chowder and a large garden salad. This was going to be our dinner for the 2 of us and our 2 children. I drove over and they were busy, the kid at the counter had my order ready and confirmed that everything was in the bag (I should have checked but he read everything of the list and I didn't think twice!). I drove home and started to get everything out of the bag and realized there was not clam chowder, my wife opened the platter and there were no french fries. I called, the kid that was working the counter answered, I explained the situation and he said "Oh yeah they are right here come back." There is a giant sign on the store that says free delivery so I inquired about getting it delivered because I had already spent about 45 minutes in the car. He said they were not delivering that day because of the Fireworks in York and all of the traffic. I asked how they were going to make this up to me and he said "come and get your food." I asked for the manager and he said "If you want the manager you need to call back later." I asked how much later and get this!! HE HUNG UP ON ME!!!!

At this point I was pretty angry so I drove back to the restaurant!! I walked in found the manager and explained the situation. She told me there was nothing she could do because he was probably working under orders from his father the owner! I asked to speak to the owner, she pointed me in his direction and he said "what do you want?" I explained the situation to him and he said the clam chowder and fries where here (sitting on a counter for close to an hour and half at this point!) He refused to take any responsibility for the mistake and would not refund any money. I explained that I was treated incredibly rudely and that my evening had been ruined. At this point he started to yell at me in front of the entire restaurant. He would not refund any money and would not cook me fresh food. Finally he told me he would refund the fries and chowder. I got back in line and waited to get to the counter. When I got there and asked for my refund his son smirked at me and said "He needs to do it." When I asked the owner for my refund he said "When I get a minute." I was floored!!!! Finally after standing at the counter for what seemed like an eternity the young woman I spoke with first came over and gave me my refund. When I was leaving the owner yelled at me "Don't come back!!!"

I will not be coming back and have no idea how someone in the restaurant industry can act like that!! He is a lunatic!!! DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS BUSINESS!!!

8 Thank Jamesmm78
York, Maine
“OWNER IS INCREDIBLY RUDE!!!”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Never again!! I am a local who tried this out for the first time and the owner was the most unprofessional restaurant owner I have EVER dealt with. DO NOT complain or try to send anything back, they don't want to hear it. He actually swore at me. I still can't believe that someone would act that way in this town. VERY RARE! Don't see him lasting long.....

6 Thank YORKMELOCAL