“Amazing day filled adventure”

York's Wild Kingdom Zoo and Fun Park
More attraction details
Owner description: This amusement park and zoo has something for every member of the family, from a petting zoo and kiddie rides for the tots, to mini-golf and a Haunted House to thrill visitors of all ages.
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This is a must see. We spent 5+ hours at the park. The zoo was clean and well taken care of. The rides were fun, but older. I would recommend doing the combo zoo/ ride package. If you look at the area maps or find a flyer they usually have coupons for a couple of dollars off. I would go back again!

1  Thank nymustang1
in 8 reviews
"batting cages"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was so saddened to read some of these terrible reviews of this park. I must say that being so close to the southern border of Maine you must get a lot of visitors who are not from Maine but my family and I are from Maine, born and lived here our entire lives. My husband and I have 5 children so taking them to really expensive theme parks is just out of our budget. We love York Wild Animal Kingdom. It is loaded with so many animals, the kids LOVE the zoo and then they get to enjoy the old style fair rides that I remember back as a kid going to the local fairs here in small town Maine. It is a great price and a great time. Short walk to the beach too. You may not have the latest, thrill seeking rides and it may look a little out-dated but that is was we love about your park. It is different and reminds me of being a kid, myself. I didn't find it to be unclean or smelly at all. I think that you have done a wonderful job preserving a piece of history and keeping this park up and running. CONGRATS...we are going back this weekend!!

3  Thank Katherine T
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The carneys are horrible, scary, and keep their their namesake proud. The bathrooms are disgusting, the grounds not much better. The rides are old and make Palace Playland look like Disney. Go to Funtown. It is a shame Maine does not have a quality zoo. Tourists please save your money and spend it 30 minutes north at the parks and beaches.

5  Thank Steve H
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Love the baby animals, butterfly enclosure, go carts. Offers a wide variety of activities for families.

1  Thank 1657CAL
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The Zoo: The zoo has paved walking paths, partially shaded. There were lots of animals to see, especially primates. We also did the paddle boats (included in entrance fee) which was fun. We brought our own food in to save money but it seemed like there were plenty of options for in-park food (not much for vegetarians though). The seating for lunch is limited especially if you want to be in the shade. Live animal rides cost extra - $5 a ride so we skipped those. Bring quarters to buy feed from dispensers to feed the ducks and deer.

The Amusement Park: This is definitely an older park. If your kids are taller than 48" do not buy a day pass. The majority of the rides have a height limit of 48". There's one very tame roller coaster (great for the small kids), two fun houses, two bounce houses, a bunch of sit-and-go-in-a-circle rides for little kids, merry go round, ferris wheel, giant slide.

Our one major complaint is that the go-karts are not included with the wrist band. We had to spend an additional $16 to take each of our three kids on the go-karts since they each had to ride with an adult (4 rides for $10 plus 2 rides at $3 each). Why should you have to pay for a child passenger when they are too small to steer or reach the gas pedals?

Overall it was worth it for our family. We stayed for about 6.5 hours between the zoo and amusement park. We went on a Wednesday in July and there were no lines for any of the rides.

2  Thank NHFamily0f5