“Yearly Escape!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in York Beach
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Yearly Escape!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My boyfriend and I come here every year since 2010 during the quiet winter season, sometime in February. Each time I am so pleased with my stay I can hardly wait for our next trip to come around. On our very first visit, we were unaware that in the winter season this area turns into quite a ghost town. We had arrived late in the evening, and we were starving! No restaurants were open, and unfortunately the pub had already stopped serving food. The waitress didn't give us an apology, she gave us whatever she could drum up in the kitchen....for free!! (and it was delicious) That is true hospitality if you ask me! This is only one of many reasons we will continue to return to the beautiful Union Bluff.
-Sarah P.

Room Tip: Request ocean front - it's worth it for the stunning views!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

I was impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful with my questions . The pub was ok. Food was good and the waitress was great. You can't beat the view or location.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Ozzienelsonknows
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We didn't stay at the Inn, but stopped by "The Bluff Pub" for "Monday Burger Night". All the burgers are offered at a terrific price on Monday nights. The burgers were huge and delicious and so many varieties to choose from. I had the "Crumbled Bleu" and it was awesome. My husband had the “Chili Melt” burger and really enjoyed it. The burgers come with fries or a side salad for a slight upcharge. If you are in the area on a Monday night, I would urge you to stop by for a delicious burger in a warm, friendly setting.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Voyager5578
Willington, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

When I booked our king Jacuzzi room I mentioned that it was our 34th anniversary, well we checked in and the clerk says happy anniversary. I thought maybe a bottle or glass of champagne would have been a thoughtful gesture. We had room 500, the room itself felt like a bedroom to me which makes it very comfortable. The bathroom was big with a Jacuzzi tub, but the weird thing was the shower, tiny and plastic and ADA, a nice tiled shower would look nice in there. We went down to the Grille for dinner, we sat in front of the fireplace and had shrimp cocktail and drinks. We moved to a table and ordered, chowder for me, hubby had the lobster ravioli which was awesome. Very nice atmosphere in there and only one other couple. It was a nice evening with my husband. The restaurant was closed the next morning for renos in the kitchen, we had looked forward to breakfast. The hotel overlooks the water, our room looked over houses.We most likely won't stay here again, too many other Jacuzzis to try out.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ralphy57
tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed in the main building so I cannot speak about the annex. Lovely corner room with big deck overlooking short sands beach, and decorated beautifully. Cute pub with pool table, lots of locals. We were there in winter so the town was very very quiet.

Room Tip: Maine building, water view, deck
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank clotn
NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Wife and I decided to try out the Union Bluff for a weekend escape after stumbling upon it on this website. We usually stay at a different place down the street or in Wells. So we gambled and drove over ready for anything. Wow we were more than surprised at this place. I have driven past this hotel hundreds of times and should have looked. Right off the top we were welcomed by the desk staff, we stayed in the annex bldg next to the main hotel on the 2nd floor oceanfront. As soon as I opened the door I was stunned, the room was spotless, looked like it was remodeled yesterday. Not a scratch, dent , stain anywhere. As a confirmed hotel cleanliness snob I was sold. We spent some time in the pub had a few drinks and dinner, it also was cozy and clean with a lot of local charactors at the bar. It seemed that they were all former Boston area folks so we blended right in. Had breakfast at the grill the following morning it also was clean and the food good. We will go back to the Union Bluff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NHguy33
South Berwick, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We didn't stay at the Hotel, we ate at the pub. Had I known what I was missing, I would have gone sooner and more often!! We had blue cheese burgers. Oh my! blue cheese dressing was superb.
French fries, just like the fair. Crispy on the outside, soft in the middle. We also had the blue cheese wedge salad, like I said it was superb. The room had a tv everywhere you looked so you wouldn't miss a thing. Servers were very polite, and not too busy to stop and chat.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
#3 of 9 in York Beach
Cliff House Maine
Cliff House Maine
#1 of 1 in Cape Neddick

Been to Union Bluff Hotel? Share your experiences!