“Beautiful Location!”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in York Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful Location!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just spent a long weekend up at the Lighthouse Inn and had a fabulous time! The owner was so accommodating and pleasant and the setting was just gorgeous! I was there on a work trip but I will definitely be back with my family before the summer is out. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jessica v

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bennington, Vermont
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Short walk to Short Sands Beach and Long Sands Beach. Check in was very easy and friendly, the young gal at the desk even walked me to my room. My room was very clean and welcoming. The mattress was a bit too firm for my taste but it didn't stop me from booking again. I thought it was a bit noisy at night and could hear a lot of talking from other guests, but you would get that any hotel/motel. The online reservation system needs some work because it allowed me to book a single night in July but they have a 2 night policy in July so I had to either add a night or cancel; I added a night. They have a very nice pool that was very clean. Overall a good place to stay for a couple of nights.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank penny571
Maynard, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 June 2014

What a wonderful spot! My family of six has a hard time finding hotels that we can fit comfortably in but Diane (the new owner) bent over backwards for us to make sure that we were happy. We had two adjoining rooms that were beautifully decorated, clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. The location can not be beat. We walked to the beach and out for dinner and the cute town center is just a few minutes away as well. The kids loved swimming in the pool which was very clean and quiet. Lots of lounge chairs for relaxing in as well as some pool noodles for the kids. We had only been at the inn for a few minutes when the kids started asking when we were going to come back. We told them that it will be soon:) Love The Lighthouse Inn and Carriage House!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank acnorris
Concord NH
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed for our third time. Under new ownership this time. The new owner has replaced all the bedding with the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. She is re doing all the rooms so we shall see, The staff is very friendly and the rooms are very clean. The breakfast is still a little lame. English muffins, store bought pastries, yogurt and some fruit. No bagels!! Still needs some work on breakfast. Coffee was not as good as when Randy owned it. The prices have gone up a bit. Thought it was a little pricey for off season. Will stay again as it is a nice property close to the beach and has a pool and hot tub. The new owner seems a little more relaxed on the rules, not as stuffy. We will return and I wish the new owners the best of luck!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ffpm
York, Maine
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We decided to go to YorkBeach for a long weekend. We had stayed at the Lighthouse Inn a number of years ago under previous ownership and found out that it was under new ownership. Our room was freshly remodeled and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast assortment was very good. Free wifi was a plus. Only a 5 minute walk to Long Sands. We will definitely be back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kgreene2013
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I spent Memorial Day weekend at the Lighthouse Inn, I cannot say enough about the Inn and Diane and her staff. The rooms are all freshly painted in soft colors, there are new mattresses in every room, making it very comfortable. The grounds are very clean and well landscaped. Diane and her staff were very professional but very friendly at the same time. I know Diane is new to the Inn but give her and the Inn a try, you won't be disappointed.

Christine and Mike from RI

Room Tip: The carriage house is outstanding
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank christine r
Whitestone, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The wonderful new owner " Diane" went out of her way to be helpful and welcoming. Beautiful rooms, comfortable beds and a great breakfast was offered. We really had an amazing time this Memorial week-end in York Beach thanks to Diane and her staff. We are going to tell all our friends and family about this gem in York ,ME.

Room Tip: Our room was in the carriage house and had a ocean view.;)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
#7 of 9 in York Beach
Anchorage Inn
Anchorage Inn
#3 of 9 in York Beach

Been to Lighthouse Inn and Carriage House? Share your experiences!