Anchorage Inn
Nevada Motel(York Beach)
  • Beachfront
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
Cutty Sark Motel(York Beach)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
Sands by the Sea(York Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsatrium buildingindoor poolacross the streetoff seasonocean viewsplash padlong sands beachthird floorfree coffeedonutshigh tidesmall fridgegas fireplaceget awayroom was clean and comfortablewe've stayedshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Although the view was nice, the rooms were small and dank and not too clean. It is rather offensive that they charge you for coffee when you spend so much to stay in a cramped dreary place. I did go during a rainstorm, but still.....

Try another place. There are some places nearby where I have stayed before which I would recommend over this place. Stage Neck Inn, for one.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2010

We LOVED it! Husband and I booked prior to reading reviews, and to be frank, reviews were scary. HOWEVER! Reviews are based on personal experience, so we gave it a go, and are so glad we did. Front desk was friendly, helpful and very courteous. We got the room based on our request, an ocean view. The room was spotless, had every amenity we needed ( minus in-room coffee maker, but, hey, we had a VIEW!). It was spacious enough for our needs, the bed was comfy, everything else in working order. We didn't have time to enjoy the pool or hot tub, as we took advantage of the beach and surrounding area, biking and walking and just taking in the vibe of York Beach ( which, it must be mentioned; the people we bumped into and shop owners alike were friendly friendly friendly....Check out the Long Sand General store, EVERYTHING you could ever need!!). As part of our package, we enjoyed a wonderful dinner at the restaurant across the street, the Sun~n~ Surf. Divine food and drink! From sunrise to sunset, and even in between, it was a lil' slice of heaven. Would HIGHLY recommend, and will definitely be returning!! Thank You, Anchorage Inn!!!! :)

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2010

We found the hotel to be clean and priced right and the location was excellent. We decided to stay another night and the night manager, Elaine was professional and went out of her way to accomodate us. We went to the resteraunt across the way owned by the hotel and the bartender, John, was very nice and made us feel right at home. After reading some of the reviews I was aprehensive about staying here but I am glad we decided to to ignore them and form our own opinion. I have worked in hospitality myself in the past and found this place to be family friendly and yet worked for us as a couple up here for a golf event. We enjoyed our stay and plan to return in the future.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2010

We stayed in the new "suites", that were VERY pricey, but this was a special occasion so we splurged. Unfortunately, so did a frat house that was above us. At 1 am I called security, at 6:30 am I was at the front desk, it was the worst building in terms of sound. I don't think they used ANY sound proofing in the new construction. The room was overpriced, staff, rude and I would NEVER stay here again. Do not book this facility for any of your special occasions, they will fall short.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2010

We recently stayed at the Anchorage Inn over Memorial Day weekend for my parent's 50th Anniversary. Booked 6 rooms - "limited ocean view". All were on the 1st floor of the Atrium building. My parents room was large (corner room), but the other rooms were a bit small. I found the rooms to be clean. Out of the 6 rooms, there was only 1 issue with my sister not being able to shut off the air conditioner. They resolved it in a timely manner, though. All of us enjoyed the indoor pool in the Atrium as well as the outdoor pool. The hot tub, kiddie pool and splash pad were added since we last stayed at the Anchorage and were a nice addition. The frozen drinks you could order poolside were fabulous - definitely a nice PLUS in my book! Walking across the street to the ocean is convenient, but make sure to mark your spot in the way back by the rocks EARLY as the high tide can leave you with little to no space on the beach! You can attempt to walk to town, but we drove and it cost us only a couple bucks to park for a couple hours. We just love York Beach and will be returning real soon. I would recommend this hotel to any friend/family member.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family