“Great Place for a Meal”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2014

We stopped by the Nubble Lighthouse for an evening photo. We waited and waited for the light to come on. Finally, my sister went to the nearby restaurant and they told her that the light had gone out a week or so earlier and hadn't been replaced! We decided to have dinner at the restaurant. It has wonderful views of the lighthouse and Atlantic Ocean. The food is good and the wait staff is very friendly and helpful. If I ever get back to Maine and that part of the state, I will certainly eat there again.

There are newer reviews for Fox's Lobster House

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is one of those places that you will come back to and back to,the food is good,the wait staff friendly and it is not gourmet but food that that is perfect for a Maine experience,but the view!!!! Does the food taste so good because of it? I do not think so,but it certainly enhances it,go when the moon is rising and sip your wine or finish the blueberry pie and coffee,personally if I try to eat dinner it distracts me and my dinner gets cold.................it has all the things Maine and more,try it and let the moon do it`s magic or go on a hot summer day and enjoy the breeze and ice cream,I love everything.enjoy!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Very nice experience. The owner, Phyllis, is there every time I have visited (and I visit a lot!) Don't miss Brown's for ice cream around the corner to the right! Same owners!

1  Thank luckysdadYork_Maine
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have been going to Fox's for over 50 years. The recent renovation of the main floor has added a lot to the atmosphere. You can see Nubble Light and the Atlantic Ocean from every window! My favorite meal is the fried lobster tails. For the money, you will get more than your fill of lobster. If you have any room after your meal, Fox's offers many choices of ice cream out front. Just get in line and order your favorite!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

If you visit Nubble Light at Cape Neddick you have to stop at Fox`s. They offer lobster of course and a great choice of seafood. If you are just interested in a snack you can enjoy some ice cream at the outside picnic tables and have a beautiful of the lighthouse.