“My All Time Favorite Place To Stay In York!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sands by the Sea

Sands by the Sea
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in York Beach
Massachusetts, United States
“My All Time Favorite Place To Stay In York!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

This will be my family's third Summer staying at The Sands By the Sea. We LOVE it here. You can't beat the location, the staff, the clean rooms or the price! My family and I can't wait to come back!

The staff are all so nice and very accommodating. The rooms are clean, and bright typical motel style. We always stay in a King room with sofabed. We have stayed in 2 different rooms so far, and both have been perfect no complaints here! We stayed once on the top floor and once on the ground. We never heard anyone in the rooms next to us and surprisingly we never heard anyone above us.

My kids love swimming in the pool and I have to say so do I! The waterfall is so pretty and the lounge chairs are so comfy you can't help but just relax by the pool all day. I really like the fact that you can have a few drinks and eat out by the pool too.

The location is PERFECT. When you stay at The Sands you don't need to drive anywhere! Almost everything is in walking distance. Love that the beach, arcade and park are all right across the street. York's Wild Kingdom is only a few mins down the road and so many yummy places to eat. Not to mention all the cute stores. The Sands is right in the heart of it all:)

At night time it is so fun to sit outside your room, have a few drinks and listen to the waves crashing. We love the Sands By The Sea and we will be returning every Summer I give this place 2 thumbs up! -Jen Brammer-DiFiore

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have an amazing view of the beach from the balcony!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Jen B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I've been staying at the Sands for years and I am really looking forward to staying there again this summer. The place is always clean, the staff is super friendly, and I just made my reservations for this summer and heard about a bunch of new upgrades. My family and I are really looking forward to our vacation and would never stay anywhere else in Maine. The Sands by the Sea has the perfect location. You can walk to everything, but my favorite thing to do is just relax by the pool. I love it there and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great, but you get a better view of the ocean on the second floor :-)
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
#3 of 9 in York Beach
Cutty Sark Motel
Cutty Sark Motel
#4 of 9 in York Beach

Been to Sands by the Sea? Share your experiences!