“Another Awesome Stay at the Sands!”
Review of Sands by the Sea

Sands by the Sea
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in York Beach
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

My family and I booked two rooms for a few nights to enjoy the Fourth of July weekend. I must say it was nothing but the best from the Sands! Both rooms were immaculate, I must say I've never seen such clean motel rooms. From check in to check out the staff were so friendly and helpful. We had stunning views of the fireworks, the beach and the pool. I even got to take in a beautiful sunrise right from my room! You can't go wrong booking a few nights here. The location is superb! Just a few steps away from the beach, quaint little shops, nice places to eat and of course York's Wild Kingdom! Our favorite part of the motel is the pool! Always clean, refreshing and relaxing! We will be back soon! Thank you Samds by the Sea for yet another great vacation :) the Brammer-DiFiore family

• Stayed: July 2013
SandsbytheSeaMotel, Owner at Sands by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thanks Jen,

We always love having the Brammer Family down to the Sands! Thanks so much for your review. You didnt have to do that, but it makes us glad you took the time anyway. It was great serving you guys this year again and please let us know when we can be of service again. Take care until next time!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here for three nights over the 4th of July holiday. It was so convenient to the beach, fireworks, in town stuff for the kids, etc. The owner and general manager were so nice and helpful. Some minor things- the room was very clean, and the bathroom looked like it had just been redone. However, there was not a single towel bar or hook to hang towels on! And we had 3-4 wet beach towels and bathing suits to hang daily as well. Our room was a studio suite, and it could have used a privacy curtain between the queen bed and pull-out couch. There were also no curtains or shades on the windows. They were small, but people could still see in, and the sun would come in at 5:00am! But the room was away from the main road, so it was quiet. And my kids loved the pool. The whole hotel was very clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We loved this place! Great access to the Beach and shops, Nice pool, Price was fantastic compared to the other places in the area. Very clean! Beds were VERY comfy. Needs a coffee maker in the room. We will be back next year! <3

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The location is great! The beach is right there! The Zoo is a block away and there are lots of shops and places to eat right there. The staff was great... Helpful and friendly. The is limited parking in the front but plenty of parking right behind the motel.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We just got back from a short stay. We park our car and never have to move it, you are so close to everything, if you want to stay in York or take a trolley to Perkins cove. We have three boys (at the age they can explore on their own). It is safe and exceptionally clean, The staff is extremely friendly from the managers to housekeeping . Paul and Chris are wonderful, they both are professional and really care about your experience. I will write more but I'm off too sleep after a grest 3 days! I highly recommend sands by the sea!

On a side note; this is a wonderful place however it is not the ritz, my reason for saying this is, is not to confuse others thinking it is comparable. This is a wonderful clean place that you will be able to create wonderful memories with your family! !

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Dwillard3bs
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I spent 3 nights here on Memorial Day weekend with 3 adults and 5 children. We had 2 rooms with 2 double beds in each. The rooms were very clean and employees extremely nice! The location is perfect. Walking distance to York's Wild kingdom and lots of other restaurants, shops etc. Perfect view to the beach also! No complaints, i am absolutely staying here again!! Awesome hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013
SandsbytheSeaMotel, Owner at Sands by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thank you for your glowing review. We really do love it when customers are as happy as you were. As a new owner I am striving to make all the improvements I can and my staff works very hard to supply the best customer service possible. It really does help to motivate all of us when we get such a nice review. We're glad you enjoyed your Memorial Day Weekend stay even though it rained two thirds of the time. Its great to be in York Beach come rain or shine, right?! Take care and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We got to Maine early and needed a room, so I checked this one out. I thought it was a little bit high for the time of season, and quality but I was tired of driving. I will tell you that the young lady who checked me in could not have been nicer. She was always smiling and accommodating, very helpful. I think the pool is in a terrible location as it makes parking in the front a bit of a pain, and my rental car was even really tiny. I don't know how SUVs were able to easily maneuver in and out of the parking. I didn't want to park in the back because I was tired and have a 2 and 4 year old to unload. The room wasn't too bad, we all slept comfortably. The location of this hotel is excellent. There is a park, shops and restaurants within walking distance and I'm betting it is even better during peak season. I would recommend staying here if you have a coupon to knock off a few $$.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your constructive review. We are glad that you tried out the Sands by the Sea Motel and enjoyed a comfortable stay. I have to say that the location of our pool is quite perfect in our opinion, especially since its the only pool on Short Sands Beach and a 1 minute walk from the shore. If we replaced the pool with another parking lot, then there would be no pool at all. If there was no pool at all, then Im sure many customers and kids would be very disappointed :^(. Im pretty sure your kids probably didnt mind driving the short distance around the pool so that they could infact actually have a pool to use. A very beautiful pool might I add. We are glad you were able to find a parking spot up front and close to your room. Also, please keep in mind that we offer discounted days every month we are open called "Sand Dollar Specials". We give $10.00 and $20.00 off on many different days in June. All you have to do is mention the Sand Dollar Specials when you book and you can use the discount if it applies. Remember that for next time. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near York Beach
Anchorage Inn
Anchorage Inn
#3 of 9 in York Beach
Lighthouse Inn and Carriage House

Been to Sands by the Sea? Share your experiences!