Rooms are extremely small and very dated. Felt like I had stepped back into my childhood of the 50's. The rooms were clean and the bed very comfortable. We were on the end with view of the ocean and next to the street.
I was concerned about the noise of the street but the room was quiet. The only noise was from the air conditioner in the wall. I had never been to York Beach and it too was from the 50's but in a fun way. It was great.
The room rate was not as quoted on trip advisor but $209. Definitely not a good value and don't plan on canceling after you book because that is impossible. Won't go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you like being able to check into a clean, friendly, ocean front motel with a beautiful pool and close proximity to not only the beach, but the shops, restaurants, park, trolly, amusement park and even a Wild Animal Kingdom, then you've found the right place! Come see us at the Sands by the Sea Motel where all of your troubles and worries will melt away as you first arrive and view out over the majestic Atlantic Ocean, which is visible from most of our comfortable accommodations. We have a range of standard rooms, 1-bedroom suites, 2 or 3 bedroom cottages and even the Sea Rose Luxury Condominium Suites. We look forward to seeing you in York Beach at the Sands by the Sea Motel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Sands by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands By The Sea Hotel York Beach
- Sands By The Sea York, Maine - York Beach