Aloha,and mahalo for a blessed girls gettaway:) My friends and I recently stayed at the sealatch this past weekend(rm 35) and had an absolute blast! The staff and location could not be beat. Just a few barefoot steps from my door to the sand. An incredible lighthouse view,and convienently located to town and the harbor. The pool sits as the centerpiece to the property and is a freshwater blessing after a dip in the ocean. We traveled with the fixings for a friendly beachside BBQ. Ron (the crumbster) maintainance man set us up with a grill,picnic table and some complimentary charcoal and made us feel more than at home:) Given that our room was only a "basic" hotel room,it more than exceeded our expectations...thanx again. the mini fridge kept our beer and wine SUPER cold...a definate plus on vacation. The room was super clean and equiped with everything we wished for...thanx Mike and John:) The crab rangoogn at the panda something at short sands were the best i ever ate!!! We tried to make it to Cape Neddick for lobster and steamers,but to our surprise and dissapointment it was closed on Mon and Tue after the summer rush FYI. If by chance you just so happen to b stuck without a car... Call York Beach Taxi (207) 216-0032
Bob,AKA "Santa Clause" will asst. with all of your transportation needs. He is efficient and not a dirt bag cabbie. His vehicle is clean and he is very professional and timely,not to mention his very reasonable rates. He told us that he grows his beard from April thru Dec to play Santa Clause at the local mall and then shaves it on Christmas eve...a pretty spirited guy:) Went for chowdah and a beer at the union bluff,beer was greeeeeaat,chowdah tasted like snows out of a can...skip it. The service was good and ambiance fine,after eating we walked across the street and recilned on a beach chair compliments of the bluff and watched the full moon shine like diamonds on the ocean. The next night we ate at the 123 restaraunt,had a great time and the service was good. There is an outside patio across from the beach, a little pricey,but remember...LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. There is a comfy cozy smokers corner out back with couches,chairs and coffee tables,a nice place to relax after dinner.
Well,thats my story and I'm stickin to it...Do yourself a favor and make your reservations at the sealatch...you WONT be dissapointed.
From one happy and satisfied traveler to another. AloooooHA!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Latch Motel, located across from Long Sands Beach in York Beach, Maine, boasts a stunning, scenic view of the ocean and offers a diverse choice of accommodations including rooms, efficiencies, cottages and suites. New for 2014, our Manor House has been replaced with a brand new, three-story, all-suite building.In addition to the on-site amenities including a swimming pool, free parking and free hot breakfast at the Lobster Cove restaurant, the York Beach area offers a wealth of attractions to keep you entertained, satisfied and wishing summer in New England could last forever. During your stay you may consider lounging on Long Sands Beach, visiting York's Wild Kingdom or nearby Nubble Lighthouse. And don't forget about the dozens of shopping opportunities at the infamous Kittery Outlets.Between the feel of the sea breeze, the warmth of summer air, the smell of the ocean and the sound of the waves lapping the shore, the memories of your visit to York Beach Maine will surely become lifelong treasures.We are family-owned and operated and our goal is to make you feel at home, while you're away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Sea Latch Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Latch Hotel York Beach
- Sea Latch Motor Inn York, Maine - York Beach