“Harvestfest Weekend”

Sea Latch Motor Inn
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in York Beach
Reviewed 13 December 2006

My husband and I spent a 3 day harvestfest weekend in York and at the Seal Latch. A great room with a King Bed and a front deck overlooking the beach, where we could see the Cape Neddick light house as well a Boone Island Lighthouse. Nice, well furnished, clean room. Michelle, our housekeeper was very accommodating and gave us extra towel, etc, when we asked. The rest of the staff were all very pleasant, and we enjoyed the friendliness of the coffee shop.
The Harvest Festival in the colonial part of York was fun and interesting, albit a bit crowded at time, but very enjoyable. With all the food stalls and the pig roast, we didn't get a chance to try any restaurants. Next time maybe.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
6  Thank JR6

Reviewed 2 November 2006

I stayed here with my 2 boys for one night this past summer. I was quick to learn the bathroom was not cleaned from the previous guests. I went to the front desk and was handed a bottle of cleaner and was told to please "clean it myself". I informed the owner with a phone call and received a $200.00 credit toward another stay along with a letter stating they were appalled of the action of the front desk attendant and the cleanliness of the room. in all fairness I attempted another visit only to find much of the same filthy rooms. I will never stay there again and would advise anoyone in search of a nice visit to the Oceanside to stay at The Cutty Sark, it was clean and the owners were very nice, thats were I ended up staying.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
54  Thank kostiew
Reviewed 5 August 2006

My family and I just came back from a 5-day stay at the Sea Latch and we definitely recommend it! I was concerned about the motel after reading some of the reviews here but we had a wonderful time and will definitely be going back there! We found none of the problems that others mentioned -- the motel was clean, the rooms small but very clean, the air conditioning worked wonderfully (and this was during the week that there were over 100 degree days), the pool was very clean, and the people at the desk were very courteous! I don't know why others mentioned they had problems -- we never did and are recommending it to everyone we speak with! A high percentage of the other guests we spoke with were repeat guests -- some had been coming for many years. The Sea Latch is a very family-friendly place with lots of families staying there for the second (and third) generation! Stay There!!!!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
14  Thank sunsunsunsun
NY
Reviewed 12 February 2006

I can't believe any review whom liked this place, I totally agree with the others before
that were posted, do not stay here. It is highway robbery, not worth
the cost of the so-called ocean view, that can be viewed if you dare go
on the wobbly third floor patio. The pool? Yuck, dirty, very dirty. The
rooms smelled musty. Was there even a phone in the room to use? Can't
even remember seeing one. Oh yea, and the little coffee shop was out of
anything by 930 am........ok take a chance if you want, but don't say
you were not warned first.

• Stayed: September 2005
57  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NY
Reviewed 12 November 2005

This hotel should be condemned. It was terrible, what we thought was going to be a great trip, was a nightmare. What the web advertises as a fresh water swimming pool, well ok if you like green water. We stayed in the Manor house, the pictures on the website must of been taken a long time ago. It didn't look like that. It was dark, dingy, unclean, gross. The door on the screened porch didnt work, the balconey was unsafe, the towels were little, the small fridge didnt work, the water trickled out of the faucet, the rugs were dirty, the hall had dead moths on it. OK do I need to go on? I think maybe staying at the Bates or the Roach Motel may have been better than this. Don't waste your money.

57  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 October 2005

The location is great (right across from the Ocean), but the motel itself is old and not in that great of shape. We could barely unlock our door and had a hard time locking and unlocking it every time we went out. Plus the rooms do not face the ocean, so I was very disappointed. I had thought I would be able to sit outside my room and gaze at the water, but I couldn't see it because the rooms faced in. The room itself was small and kind of musty smelling. I might go back, but I doubt it.

• Stayed: September 2004
13  Thank bcabc
Middletown, CT
Reviewed 13 September 2005

Booked a 2 night stay for the location. I was willing to accept the dumpy appearance, and ancient furniture to be so close to the beach. I was willing to tolerate bugs in the bathtub, a very odd (cleanser) odor, and the smallest, threadbare towels ever. I was even willing to deal with the terrible mattress, and sick, tired looking envelope from the maid begging a tip.
That is, until I awoke (not sure if I slept much at all) with a terrible allergic reaction. I could hardly breathe. I have seasonal allergies, but this was severe. I slept a few hours in my car, and asked to cancel for the following night.

The two women at the counter were accomodating. They apologized and asked me to pay for night 1, and they'd refund (prepaid) night 2. I was miserable, but fair is fair. I stayed 1, I payed for 1.

The man in charge entered, and proceeded to berate me for wanting a refund on the second night. He basically called me a liar and accused me of trying to cheat him out of his money. His opinion was that I should've moved rooms at 3:00 a.m. My opinion: If one is moldy, they're probably all moldy. I didn't ask for a free stay, I only asked to be allowed to leave, and not pay for the time I wouldn't be there. The man was a (-). Beware.

Horrible experience, terrible attitude by the man in charge. If you have any risk of airborne allergy, avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed: September 2005
#3 of 9 in York Beach
Sunrise Motel
Sunrise Motel
#6 of 9 in York Beach

Been to Sea Latch Motor Inn? Share your experiences!