“Best Waves In New England”
Review of Long Sands Beach

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Okay....the water is a bit "brisk" but when the temperature is mid 90s, there is no better boogie board experience! I have traveled here since 1986. My 3 girls grew up at York Beach. They are "dyed in the wool" beach babes.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Depending on which section of beach you are could be very very rocky. breat for kids.. waves are rather calm.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a beautiful and relaxing family beach. Definitely try to go at low tide if possible. Not much beach when high tide is in. Parking can be difficult to find, but once you find a metered spot you can spend a few hours for very little money. The kids always love a day at Long Sands Beach!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Staying in Boston, we wanted to go into Maine and visit a beach. A little over an hour away, when we arrived I was shocked at how close the water was to the road. Finding parking can be difficult as you look to find a parking meter. We lucked out and sat on the rocks next to our vehicle. After a while the tide went out and I was even more shocked to see why it is called Long Sands Beach. The beach was large and expansive and umbrellas went up everywhere. It was fun to go out and explore what had been underwater just a short time earlier. We have seen tides go in and out before, but this was unlike anything I had seen before. There was a nice ice cream place close by and plenty of summer rentals lining the road for a quaint feeling next to the beach.

We love the beach, but this one did not compare to others we have visited. It was rocky and cold. Which was expected. Just be prepared if you are use to any beaches in the south.

1  Thank KentuckyDB
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is truly a long beach. When tide is in, it's not very wide though! We were practically sitting on the rocks until the tide went out a bit. Nice beach, relatively clean (void of rocks and shells) but lots of seaweed which attracted annoying little bugs and flies. I can't stand being bugged (ha!) when on the beach, and even with bug spray they were annoying. Overall though, I enjoyed Long Sands!