Inn on the Blues
Atlantic House Inn(York Beach)(Great Value!)
US$173
Sunrise Motel(York Beach)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$207
Sands by the Sea(York Beach)(Great Value!)
US$132
The Lynwood Inn(York Beach)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$164
  • Pool
Anchorage Inn(York Beach)
US$152
US$207
US$140
Lighthouse Inn and Carriage House(York Beach)(Great Value!)
US$141
Union Bluff Hotel(York Beach)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$124
Stones Throw & Inn On The Blues(York Beach)(Great Value!)
US$119
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 August 2007

Let me preface by saying that I did not stay here so I have no opinion about the accommodations but my fiance, his brother and I decided to stop by the Blues for lunch while staying in Maine with family. I live in Boston and am used to overpriced restaurants but my eyes just popped when I looked at the prices on the menu. I thought they were joking. Obviously not. $18 for fish and chips? For lunch? Um...right. My fiance, a sous-chef in Boston, was also shocked at the prices (and this is not a cheap guy by any standard - especially when it comes to food) and more so after what can best be described as a very average meal. He ordered the fried oysters that were decent but not for $20 and his brother ordered steak tips for $21 that he asked for medium rare and received slightly less than well done. We all ordered a cup of clam chowder which I thought was good but the chicken fingers I got as my meal were on the dry side and a bit tough (how that can be I have no idea). The menu on their website is pretty deceiving as the fish and chips I mentioned previously are listed as $12 online. I guess that's during the
"off "season? We left feeling full but ripped off. I probably wouldn't complain if the food was worth the price but it was not. I don't mind paying a little more for a bit of ambiance or better than average cuisine but this place, I'm sorry to say, just didn't cut it. I doubt highly we'll return next time we're in York.

Stayed: August 2007
4  Thank S217
Reviewed 22 April 2007

Our visit to Inn on the Blues was one of the best weekends we've spent in ages. It was intriguing how we learned about the place, from a group of people who participate in an online currency tracking project called "Where's George?" They held an afternoon gathering in Portsmouth, NH, after which some members planned to continue on for an evening of live music in York Beach, ME. When we learned that Inn on the Blues offered lodging above the nightclub, we were thrilled because it sounded like it would be similar to the great time we had at Ground Zero Blues Club at "The Crossroads" in Clarksdale, MS.

Of course, York Beach is a long way from the Mississippi Delta, but Inn on the Blues is probably as close as any oceanfront Yankee vacation spot is going to get to creating a juke joint. I can't help but notice that lately it's the well-to-do white graying baby-boomers patronizing blues clubs, a far cry from anything that Robert Johnson and his fellow musicians probably could have ever envisioned. The only two African-American people in the bar were one female patron and the bass player who made his debut appearance that night with the Albert Cummings Band (about half an hour after the music was scheduled to begin, I noticed a bass guitar hastily delivered through the front door, after which this gentleman performed as part of the trio). The dance floor was packed with middle-aged couples really getting down and having the time of their lives; it was fun to watch!

Like Ground Zero, children are welcome to eat dinner and stay until the end of the band's first set. Dinner, drinks, dessert and tip for me and my 9-year-old daughter came to $80, plus another $25.98 for concert tickets that had to be purchased separately online (the Albert Cummings show was sold out, which kept some of the "Georgers" from attending). Lodging in one of the smaller studios above the club was $95 plus tax, but unlike Ground Zero, we found ourselves located too far away for the second half of the show to be clearly audible in our guestroom. Maybe tourists like it that way, but as blues fans we were disheartened. At least "Saturday NIght Live" wasn't a re-run that night, sigh...

The food and service were excellent. The guestroom was nicely furnished in "shore decor" and had a kitchenette that would have been suitable for an extended stay. The host was warm and congenial, yet always had a sharp eye for detail. We felt that the surrounding neighborhood was clean, safe and inviting.

If we are ever fortunate enough to return to Maine, Inn on the Blues was an excellent experience we hope to repeat someday!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank BuickMackane
Reviewed 8 March 2007

Totally shocked about some of the negative reviews. We have had many great meals and have seen many incredible bands at The Inn On The Blues. Service is outstanding. Stayed there for our anniversary last may. Clean comfortable room. Dont give any creedence to these few bad reviews. They are way off base.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RevHorton
Reviewed 28 February 2007

INN On the Blues is the perfect setting of "the way life should be" It is not a $800 a night 5 star hotel - But they certainly provide 5 star service!! The owner is ALWAYS there and works very hard to make sure everyone is happy. The rooms are clean, comfortable and homey. Not to forget the great location and awesome ocean view! The staff helped us with our luggage! The food was decent and the price was right!

Music is always great and yes - it gets crowded which makes it so much FUN! Come on People - it's a dinner CLUB - not a gourmet candlelight restaurant!

I have a very hard time believing the negative comments made by some others - Maybe they are the type of people who should be visiting overpriced hotels to feel they got their money's worth. All I can say is if you want to have FUN while in York - THIS is the place to go!!

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled on business
4  Thank Mollyj2
Reviewed 27 February 2007

I was surprised to hear about the negative review on the night of the Walter Trout concert. True, the Inn was packed - I think because a star of Walter's caliber was playing at such an intimate and cool venue. But the staff was doing everything possible to make the evening a great experience - with lines at the door dying to see a blues virtuoso up close and personal. I can't wait to see what's in store at the Inn this summer - I think the Inn offers the best Blues, Booze, and Food in the Northeast.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple