“Avoid!!!!”
Review of Inn on the Blues

Inn on the Blues
Ranked #1 of 7 York Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 August 2013

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!! Service for food was bad, food itself was worse, and not child friendly at all.... We usually make it a point to eat there at least once per trip and I will never Visit there again. When I complained to the owner manager he was a complete jerk and shrugged us off

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank Hmt007

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Not the best pub fare in town but good. Stick to beer / wine as the drinks seemed quite watered down and expensive. I enjoyed the buffalo chicken flatbread. Wife's salad dressing was yummy. The lobster roll was actually a better deal than most in town!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JTofAshland
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We ate here over the weekend of the 4th of July. York was super busy and this place wasn't too packed for early dinner around 5pm. We wanted to sit inside to escape the heat. The ac was on but not super strong, however, shortly after being seated inside they opened up the big garage type doors that open up to the street. It did provide a decent breeze but was still very warm in there. We ordered 3 fish n chips and an order of mussels. Everything was great. The batter on the fish was different than the traditional New England fry batter, lighter but still tasty. Generous portion but a little pricey at $17 a plate but to be expected at a popular tourist destination. We ordered frozen drinks but made the mistake of not asking how much they were since there is no price listed on the menu- $10 a pop. 6 frozen drinks, 3 fish n chips, 1 mussel app= $133 before tip. Little pricey. Restaurant was clean, staff friendly, great atmosphere.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I enjoyed my dinner at Inn on the Blues. My mom and I split a fisherman's platter. The fried clams melted in my mouth. We received a huge piece of haddock. The portion of fries was generous. The platter fed the two of us and we were satisfied with it. The waitress was brand new but she was excellent! She acted like she had been working there for years. We got to enjoy the ocean breeze from inside the restaurant because the entire front of the restaurant was open. I would go back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We vacation here often, great staff and of course owner. We love the location and the music is the best in the area, the even have a small dance floor. My husband and I come here often we love it here. The food is great. We will be back at least three more times this summer. It is convenient to everything, we like to walk to Nubble Light this is a beautiful location. Take the trolley in front of the Inn and go out for an adventure, then hop on a boat at Perkins Cove. The boats tour the coast, it is awesome. Great fun. We plan on relaxing at Inn on the Blues for many years to come. Happy traveling, Nancy

Room Tip: The Inn is over the restaurant and lounge, you can hear the music. That never bothers us. Great loca...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My wife and I have been regulars at the Inn on the Blues for over 10 years. We head there for the music; They book some of the best blues bands in the country. The restaurant/club was completely remodeled this year. The addition of "garage door" style walls that retract when the weather permits is a great innovation as they are right on the beach. There is a dance floor which is great since so many places have none.

The food is very good to excellent. The Fish and Chips is huge and prerfectly done. The Prime Rib and steaks are great as are the Planked Salmon and the Lobsta Roll. I hve never had a bad meal there. Service is always excellent; very friendly and attentive. There is a decent selection of beers including a variety of micro-brews on draft. (Personally, I'd like to see the addition of a porter or a stout over some of the summer ales.)The prices are reasonable.

We live about an hour away so we like to stay there are well (The restaurant is open year-round but the inn is seasonal only.) The rooms were all redone a few years ago. They are not fancy but are comfortable with a quaint "beachy" decor. All have kitchenettes and full baths. A couple are two room suites. Some face the ocean. Do keep in mind that this is a music venue. If you wnat to be asleep before midnight bring ear plugs! But then why would you want to sleepm when you can be dancing?!

Room Tip: Just remember that this is a bar with live music, not a quite B&B!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I logged in to write my reviews for our recent trip to York Beach. I was really surprised by the bad reviews this place received! We went for a late lunch (really late...like 2pm). It's after Labor Day, so the crowd has left the area and we were easily seated outside. The waitress was nice enough and provided us with good service. My fiance ordered the wrap burger and seemed to enjoy it. I ordered the cold lobster roll (when in Rome, right?). It was around $18 market price, which is pretty typical. It was a really great sandwich for the price. It wasn't on the traditional roll, which I missed, but it had HUGE chucks of nicely cooked fresh lobster and the mayo-based sauce was really light and refreshing. One of the best I've had so far and I live in New England. We enjoyed our lunch with a few beers and left happy with our service, the view, our food and the price. We'd go back if we find ourselves in York Beach again. I might even have that lobster roll again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends