“It is hard to get a reservation when they hang up on you!”

Long Beach Motor Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in York Beach
Glastonbury, CT
Reviewed 20 April 2006

I called to get rate and availability information in March for a June stay at the Long Beach because their website does not have this information (when you click on the link you get an error screen). The woman who answered the phone would not give me any information, just told me to go to their website. I explained the information was not available and she reluctantly took down my address to send me a brochure. I called again three weeks later because I hadn't receive anything from the Long Beach and this is my exact conversation with the same woman:
I said, " I am calling to get rates and availability for late June." The woman said," You have called here several times and I told you to get that from our website." I then said, "I tried that and it is not working so I am calling to get it from you." Then I heard a click - the woman HUNG UP ON ME! I called back and she picked up the phone and immediately HUNG IT UP AGAIN! So I booked the 10 rooms I needed for a family reunion in June from an Ogonquit motel that was more than willing to give me the information I needed. The Long Beach wins the award for the Worst Customer Service in Lodging History.

• Stayed: March 2006
36  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 6 October 2005

We travel quite a bit out on the West Coast but this year we decided to hit Maine and spent a few days in York Beach. Stayed at the Long Beach Motor Inn .The place was great, felt just like home , we could have stayed for ages . The Price was right and the Inn is located in a great area ,near the coast with a great view. Absolutely loved the Inn , we coming back for more next year. You really can't go wrong with this place , for those of you like us who have never been to Maine before you will be very pleasantly surprised I am sure. Enjoy !!

36  Thank Kettie72
Reviewed 26 September 2005

We have stayed at the Long beach many times and have enjoyed each stay knowing there would be no worries.It is much the same as your own home and nothing is asked of you that you would not do at your own home.It is a very nice secure feeling.Many thanks to Gary and Thelma. Paul & Jeanne Bartel

• Stayed: July 2005
34  Thank Foamy
Brossard, Qc, Canada
Reviewed 22 September 2005

First visit to the ocean and at the Long Beach Motor Inn also.

Incredible the home feeling you get when staying at the long Beach Motor Inn!

From my room, exceptional view marying the green grass & trees to the red and white flowers into a beautiful landscape corridor unrolling directly to the sea like if I were alone in this fantastic town of York.

Everything was comform to my exigence; impeccable services of all kinds distributed with a smile. But most important since I travel alone was their 24/24 hour security in place at the Long Beach Motor Inn.

Suzanne C. Brossard, Qc, Canada.

32  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Candiac, Qc, Canada
Reviewed 17 September 2005

For the past twenty five years, every time we went to the Long Beach Motor inn we always felt at home.

Mrs Grossman and Gary have always been attentive to us.

For our last 8 days vacation we still think we were at the best place in York Beach, and hope to be back next year.

Denise & Denis

35  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 September 2005

WONDERFUL PLACE TO STAY!!! A heaven scent place to stay! My family and I went to Maine, first time travelers there, had reservations at another hotel, arrived there, which turned out to be a nightmare.....came across the Long Beach Motor Inn and they took us all under their wings. We had no reservations made there, it was July 4th weekend too, but luckily they had a room available for us to stay. They were like angels sent to help us out. This Inn was immaculate! Clean, wonderful, the pool was spectacular. Securtiy system was great. Made you feel so safe there. The owners were wonderful, nice, courteous and very very kind! The best hotel I have ever stayed at! I didnt want to leave. I wish I could of packed it up and taken it with me no matter where I travel to. I have learned from past experiences, to be leary about non-brand name hotels, but not this one, I put it top stars on my list of places to stay. Thanks again, you will never be forgotten.

• Stayed: July 2004
34  Thank Patulla
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 11 September 2005

We've been travelling to the Long Beach Motor Inn from Toronto nearly every summer for the past 10 years. We love the location, the quality of the accommodation and the hospitality. We are greeted as old friends and always feel at home there. We could not be any closer to the ocean without swimming in it! The Nubble Rock lighthouse, nearby, is a wondeful place to visit. We highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2005
York Harbor Motel and Cottages
Cutty Sark Motel
Cutty Sark Motel
#4 of 9 in York Beach

Been to Long Beach Motor Inn? Share your experiences!