“Love the Tanglewood” 5 of 5 bubbles

Inn at Tanglewood Hall
Ranked #1 of 5 York Harbor B&B and Inns
“Love the Tanglewood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2005

Well, what can I say…another GREAT stay at Tanglewood!
My husband and I stayed a week in the Billiard Room, very nice, cozy and romantic. The private porch was so nice in the morning to have our coffee and make plans for the day. Bill & Bonnie are wonderful people, they helped my husband make my birthday so special with lots of surprises. Breakfast each morning on the porch was wonderful, I really miss the peacefulness. Would highly recommend the Tanglewood, and the Billiard Room.

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank mours43

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Natick, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2005

I have stayed at this inn on multiple occasions and experienced virtually all of the rooms. The Billiard Room is my favorite, with it's cozy decor, first floor entrance and private porch area. It's the perfect place to spend a relaxing Southern Maine weekend reading a good book. Hosts Bill and Bonnie are attentive and friendly, but know how to stay out of your hair so you can relax. The gardens are beautiful and I made sure to take walks to the nearby beach and harbor to see the sights. York Harbor gives you the option of staying away from the throngs of crowds in downtown York, which makes the location of this inn stellar. I would highly recommend!!!

• Stayed May 2005
1 Thank mevans05
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2005

A simply fantastic place to stay. The innkeepers are friendly, the area is beautiful, and the house is too spectacular for words - you must see it to believe it.

We loved it!!!

• Stayed July 2004
1 Thank Rushwolf
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2005

For many years I've had to travel for business and as a result I've stayed at many 4 & 5 star hotels for Industry Conferences. It's surprising how many of these so-called "star" hotels "miss the boat". It's not just having all the creature comforts that make a stay memorable...it's the hospitality too. They could take lessons from Tanglewood Hall.

With the above said, Bonnie & Bill Alstrom made my boyfriend and I feel very welcome in their home while repecting our personal space as well. When we asked them for recommendations they hit home runs ie: Stageneck for dinner! How refreshing to deal with people that know the area and like what they do. I can't tell you how many times I've asked a concierge at a 5 star hotel to recommend a good restaurant ...only to be sent to something chichi or some other "high-end chain" that didn't deliver on flavor or sevice.

In addition to having the Alstroms as a resource, the accomodations were something to write home about too. We stayed in the Billiard Room which was beautifully appointed and the comfort of the feather bed topped it off.

We can't wait to try Tanglewood in the Fall.

• Stayed June 2005
1 Thank sunsea99
Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2005

We were new to staying at an inn 4 years ago when we discovered the Inn at Tanglewood Hall and it's the only place we like to stay now when in Southern Maine. The rooms are comfortable, well decorated, quiet and clean. The Innkeepers are on site and ready to cater to our needs and yet we feel like we have our privacy at all times. The coffee is the best and ready every morning before breakfast is served. The buffet breakfast is great with many choices to satisfy everyone. We highly recommend the Inn at Tanglewood Hall for a few nights or a week - once we are there it's very hard to leave!

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank Lori W
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2004

My husband and I have never stayed at a Bed & Breakfast before, what a treat! Before we left I had contacted them, we had several questions to ask. They were very friendly and answered everything. Once we arrived we were greeted and taken to our room. We had the “Tommy Dorsey” room. It was so cute and just what we expected, thanks to our prior conversion about the room. The beds are wonderful! I can’t say enough about that feather bed….it was ten times better than any Westin Heavenly Bed. The breakfast each morning was great, pastry’s, fruit, oatmeal/granola, eggs, and either ham or sausage. My only complaint and I hate to even call it a complaint was we had eggs every morning. The grounds are lovely; you can find peace just about anywhere. I really can’t say enough about this place. They answered all of our questions there, helped with directions and had great recommendations. We will return next fall.

• Stayed September 2004
Anchorage Inn
Anchorage Inn
#3 of 9 in York Beach
Lighthouse Inn and Carriage House

Been to Inn at Tanglewood Hall? Share your experiences!