“NEVER STAY HERE” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand View Inn and Cottages

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Grand View Inn and Cottages
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in York Harbor
Mechanicville, New York
“NEVER STAY HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

I have never commented on a hotel, but I felt I had to let others know what an awful hotel we had. Please view my pictures before staying here. The bed had my husband and I rolling into the middle. We had to sleep head to toe to stay on the sides of the bed. The exterior door to the room could be pushed open without a key. There were no pictures or any decorations in the room. It spelled moldy and was moldy in the bathroom. There wasn't a closet or even and hooks to hang anything (like wet bathing suits) on. The worse part was the RUDE staff. We were told we could use the ice machine to fill our small hand held cooler for the beach. After filling it and walking down the road with it, a staff member followed me (stalked). When I got to my destination she said "What gives you the right to think you can steal our ice?" I told her I was a paying guest and she turned from me and never said I'm sorry. She just said she didn't know I was a guest. I was so very embarassed. This hotel should be shut down. Never, every stay here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. All rooms are terrible.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank kim m

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
ft meyers fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

My family has been going to the Grandview for several years and we love it! Nice and clean comfortable rooms with large balconies to view and feel the ocean breeze. Staff was very friendly and most helpful. We really enjoyed the beautiful beach across the street and the lovely heated indoor pool.
We will return for many years to come.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank vettwftmeyersfl
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

I stayed at the Grandview last weekend... I'm so glad I didn't listen to some of the bad reviews. The owners were very nice letting us have early check-in. The view was awesome and we were steps away from the beach, great balcony. The room was adequate and VERY clean. If you are looking for the Ritz then you should stay at the Ritz. We didn't use the pool since it was a beautiful weekend. The trolley stops outside but we also didn't use that. All and all it was a very enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank linda c
Center Harbor, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

This place is awful! We arrived on Friday afternoon and were looking forward to a nice couple of nights at the beach. For over $200 a night, we expected a nice hotel. The rooms are old, dark, dingy, and had the feel of a boarding house and not a $200/night hotel. They make you pay in advance and do not offer refunds which I am not sure is totally legal, but now I understand why. The beach is not just a few steps away. Across from the hotel is nothing but rocks. You have to cross a very busy road and then you have to walk for about 1/4 mile to get to sand. We ended up leaving this place, forfeiting our deposit, and driving further north. We found a lovely place in Ogunquit at less than 1/2 the cost, and we didn't have to cross a busy road to get to the beach. Do not book a room here, keep driving north! You'll be happy you did!

Room Tip: Do not book a room, especially on the 3rd floor. There is a wood staircase, very narrow, so there i...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank lakelife4us

Travellers are raving about these York Harbor hotels

North Attleboro, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

For $215 a night there must be better options. The people (owners?) were nice, the room large but outdated, dark and dingy. Wifi works if you stand outside the office and the heated pool was ice cold. No shampoo, hair dryer etc. Flat sheets only on the bed. The only really redeeming quality was the location. If this room was $150 I would rate it better for the value.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank SocialSavvy
York, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

I had no idea this place had an exterior "tenement" staircase of 3 stories. I am a fit 55+ but my friend is 81. I was terrified that he would fall. While they advertise ocean views from every room, the views are onto an ugly, rocky beach through phone lines. Rooms are very basic--not even a clock radio, shampoo or hair dryer (for more than $210??) The rooms never are dark at night as there are flood lights on the balconies outside. It was clean, but I would never go there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank bella1950
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Rooms suck. No hot water, no clock, hair dryer, screen slider, wifi(as advertises). 200.00 a night I was expecting a nice motel. Rip off. Not to mention had to walk up three flights of stairs. 3 people , 2 washcloths. Next year we will call earlier and stay at the anchorage.

• Stayed August 2011
Anchorage Inn
Anchorage Inn
#3 of 9 in York Beach
York Harbor Motel and Cottages

Been to Grand View Inn and Cottages? Share your experiences!