“Easy Dinning”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Stage Neck Inn

Stage Neck Inn
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, International, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Groups, View, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Easy Dinning”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Loved the venue with the views over the sea. I had steak which was lovely. There was a good selection of deserts

Visited June 2014

Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had the four course dinner and I must say it seemed like the food never stopped coming. We could choose from anything on the menu, four courses and everything was delicious and cooked perfectly.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank CatNH
Lee, MA
“Great stay in Maine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

A wonderful experience for my wife and I. Fabulous view and room. The restaurant is also top-notch. The people working there were so friendly and helpful. And it's close to shopping and the beaches. We will be staying there again.

Visited April 2014
United States
“Dinner not as impressive as lunch, but we'll still be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

My older review of this restaurant is based on lunches eaten there. This past weekend we had our first dinner at the restaurant, and the experience was not quite as great. We went other couples and our request for a window table was honored. Service was a bit slow and the server didn't have the answers to some of the questions we asked as to the specific of food nor did she bother to obtain the information before asking for our order again. She was very nice but a bit too laid back in this instance. We arrived at 6pm as we had play tickets at 8:30 at the local Ogunquit Theater. We figured 2 1/2 hours would be plenty of time to enjoy a leisurely meal and still make it to the play in plenty of time. We waited a bit for our drink orders to be taken and then it was awhile receiving the drinks. Food orders were even slower, and we felt the food was ready in the kitchen before it was brought to the table. The baked stuffed lobster received rave reviews. The Arctic Char special was very nice. I had the prime rib and it was overdone (ordered medium rare and got medium well), but that's because I think it was sitting in the kitchen too long. It didn't have much flavor. At the point I received it,we didn't have time to send any food back so I didn't complain and just ate it. We tried to rush in an order of desserts which we managed to do. I ordered the Creme Brulee, and perhaps in their effort to rush it, they really didn't put a nice crust on the Brulee. It was just kind of a soft covering that didn't harden so tasted most like a plain custard. Beautiful setting and very nice hostess. Server pleasant enough but somewhat slow. We arrived for the play at 8:25 just in time to be seated before the lights went out. We will definitely return to this restaurant as it's the first less than excellent experience we've had here and were thinking it was just an off night. Missed seeing Jason; he's a nice addition to the hosting role although Glenna is also most pleasant.

• Visited May 2014
“Another delicious dinner and a pianist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Quick summary: a delicious dinner in a classy-but-comfortable ocean-front room. Menu has something for everyone, from main dishes to sandwiches and vegetarian options. The pianist was there again at dinner, which adds even more to the ambiance. Friendly, professional service.

I request to go to this place whenever I visit my sister in the area. I wasn't disappointed.

The menu ranges from sandwiches and chowders to salads and main dishes and individual pizzas. The food is expertly prepared with fresh, high quality ingredients.

There seemed to be even more fish options than shown on the website menu, and the kitchen is very accommodating. I had something listed on the menu as a butter-poached lobster out of the shell, but I requested that it was just simply poached/steamed. The waitress said that that was the "lazy man's lobster," i.e. they would be happy to take it out of the shell for me. REALLY? I don't have to wrestle with a perfectly cooked lobster? I was in heaven.

The accompaniments were all very good, from the seafood chowder to salads to breads and vegetables. My sister had a grilled fish. Over the years, the family has sampled widely from the menu and was never disappointed, and we are a pretty picky bunch.

The dining room is a nice blend of cloth-napkin special and seaside comfort. You know you are in a classy place with a great view, but the friendly, professional staff makes you feel very relaxed. Very attentive and helpful service -- there when you need them.

Full bar and well-priced wine list.

And I'll mention the delightful pianist again -- definitely part of the ambiance. He is positioned between the dining room and the bar, so both areas can hear him.

There are other dining areas on the property that are also good -- the bar area is enclosed but ocean-front with large windows. If that isn't enough fresh air for you, there are outside patio chairs where you can have a drink.

The staff is also good at making families welcome. Admittedly, the children I saw were well-behaved, but they looked like they were enjoying themselves.

To sum: I never get tired of this place because they have a wide range of great food, excellent service, and an inviting atmosphere. I'll be back.

• Visited June 2014