On the plus side, the Stage Neck Inn is perfectly located on the sea near the pretty town of York, with a beautiful little garden and a lovely sheltered beach on the doorstep.
Unfortunately,the hotel is priced as top-notch accommodation, and it really doesn't have the level of service and facilities to justify that. Another reviewer said that it hasn't changed in the past two decades, and this is exactly how it felt, with friendly but unprofessional service, uninspiring decor and average food at way-above average prices. It may have been the time of year, but clientele and staff were all fairly elderly, and there was a faintly institutional whiff in the dining room.
Other good things - it was clean with a decent shower and the breakfast was lovely (American, rather than international). Oh, but they can't make a decent cup of tea!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stage Neck Inn is situated on a peninsula, surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, The York River, and York Harbor. One of only 13 properties in the country to have consistently earned AAA’s Four Diamond Award since 1976, there are extensive amenities for the size of the resort … indoor and outdoor pools, a beach, clay tennis courts, 18-hole golf, a day spa, two restaurants, lounge, and deluxe guest rooms with private baths and great views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Stage Neck Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stage Neck Hotel York Harbor
- Inn Maine Neck Stage York
- Stage Neck Inn York Harbor
- Stage Neck York Harbor
- Stage Neck Inn York, Maine - York Harbor