Wanting to get away for three nights to the Maine coast, without a long drive from Boston, the York area seemed perfect, both from prior memories and recommendations of friends. While there are many nice places to stay in York and the southern Maine coast, the Stage Neck Inn seemed to shine in all of its reviews on Tripadvisor and similar sites. So I figured it would be worth a try.....
Boy was that the right decision...... I just came back today from three wonderful days there- this place hit all the right marks!
The location is great- on a small rocky peninsula (once an island) at the entrance to York Harbor, with beautiful views of the Atlantic, the river, and the mansions lining the coast in the York Harbor area. There is a nice beach also right next to the Inn, and an oudoor pool, indoor pool, etc.- but for me, what I craved, and got, was a relaxing place to just soak up the views with a good book, or take a quiet walk along the nearby Cliff Walk with its views. Stage Neck has very comfortable accomodations with nice amenities, and I splurged for what will now be my favorite room at the Inn- Room 206, which is a King Corner suite- you have a beautiful view from within, but also walk right out onto a little patio area right next to the grassy lawn on the top of a small cliff, an area nicely supplied with Adirondack chairs and such. But while the ocean front rooms have the best views, none of the rooms has a "bad view"- many of the rooms face the river, which is also scenic, and even the so-called beachfront rooms face the beach and part of the harbor across a well-landscaped parking lot.
And this spot really is a great to watch nature go by- as you'll see in a few pictures I've attached, in our 3 days we got to see a dramatic storm roll through, a rainbow over the ocean, and beautiful sunrises (or sunsets in the other direction over the harbor).
As you may guess, I definitely plan to come back here in the future- but its not just all of the above which is bringing me back- it is the fantastic staff that I encountered throughout my stay. And what I mean by fantastic is a staff that really goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful, all the while doing their job well- everyone from the front desk staff and the reservation staff all the way down to the dining and housekeeping staff. People just seemed down to earth and eager to be helpful.
So needless to say, the Stage Neck will be seeing more of me in the future........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stage Neck Inn is situated on a peninsula, surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, The York River, and York Harbor. One of only 13 properties in the country to have consistently earned AAA’s Four Diamond Award since 1976, there are extensive amenities for the size of the resort … indoor and outdoor pools, a beach, clay tennis courts, 18-hole golf, a day spa, two restaurants, lounge, and deluxe guest rooms with private baths and great views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Stage Neck Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stage Neck Hotel York Harbor
- Inn Maine Neck Stage York
- Stage Neck Inn York Harbor
- Stage Neck York Harbor
- Stage Neck Inn York, Maine - York Harbor