Stage Neck Inn
York Harbor Inn(York Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$402
US$137
Groupon.com
US$185
US$122
  • Breakfast included
Sunrise Motel(York Beach)(Great Value!)
US$240
US$164
  • Pool
Anchorage Inn(York Beach)
US$195
Sea Turn Motel(York)(Great Value!)
US$120
  • Pool
All reviewsbreakfast buffettennis courtsturn down serviceeggs benedictindoor poolservice chargeocean fronthalf priceyork riverharborview roomfrench toastharbor view roomhaddockget awayshrimpbeautiful spotdoughnuts
Reviewed 4 March 2006

Just read a review from someone who stayed at the Inn the same weekend we did. I felt compelled to write as I totally disagreed with the review. I understand they may have had a different experience than my husband and I. Let me share our experience with you.
Our weekend was perfect and we felt the staff were warm and gracious and made us feel very welcome.
We spent 3 days at the Inn with our meals included in our package. We enjoyed the indoor pool, sauna and workout room.
Starting our evening off with complimentary cocktails, a wonderful dinner and dessert by the fire. The atmosphere was romantic,relaxing and all I can say is the staff really pampered to our needs.
They always had a greeting or would check to see how our stay was going.
A snow storm occurred on Saturday and I believe the waitstaff were a bit overwhelmed as more diners stayed in to dine and had not made reservations.
Our server was apologetic and gracious about the situation.
The romantic music being played by the exceptional piano player, the snow falling softly outside and the right person to hold your hand across the table. Even if dinner took a little longer ...this was relaxing and just what a weekend away should be.
Thank you to the staff at the StageNeck Inn... we will be back.

• Stayed: February 2006
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 February 2006

My boyfriend and I decided to get away for a quick weekend trip up to Maine. Overall, it was a good experience, but there was definitely room for improvement.
Let's start with the good:
The location is terrific and the views can't be beat. Our room overlooked where the river and the ocean meet, and it was just gorgeous. The lobby of the hotel has large windows that you can sit by and read, or just gaze out at the ocean. There is also a beautiful fireplace in the lobby that is nice to sit by.
The rooms were a nice size and the decor was pretty. The beds were exceptionally comfortable.

The bad...
The staff sat there and chatting and we were ignored when it was time to check in. They litterally sat and complained about there lunch that day as paying guests waited?? Not good.
The artwork in the hotel deperately needs to be updated. Remember that gorgeous fireplace? There is a cheesy print above it and outdate lighting fixtures.
Also, the artwork in the hallways doesn't follow a consistent theme and looks like it was purchased at a garage sale. Very cheesy. The doors for the rooms remind me of the 70's and even the numbers on the door are very 'Motel 6'. I didn't pay for Motel 6, and expect better decor.
We did the getaway package which included dinner and breakfast. We ate at Harbor Porches and the service was horrendous. It was not busy that night but it took FOREVER to get our food, which was overcooked and dry. We sat there for about 20 minutes with empty water glasses too. The desserts were pretty good though. Breakfast was fine. It would be pretty hard to screw up breakfast.
I would recommend the hotel cautiously. If you are expecting upscale- this isn't the place for you. Also, avoid the restaurants. Not good.

• Stayed: February 2006