Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
US$71
US$122
US$81
US$77
All reviewsfull size fridgeoffer freefree coffeegreat service and stafflocal eateriesextended stay hotelbent over backwardsthe young ladyconvenience storeburner stovea great place to stayfitness centerdeskdishwasherihgbuddypets
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was driving back to New York from Baltimore, MD and got really tired on the way. Looking at area hotels that weren't too expensive, but weren't some no-tell motel, I found the Candlewood Suites to be perfect. All that I needed was a bed and a bathroom, both of which were clean, neat and ready for me. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating, considering my 1:00am arrival. I was even able to pay with points!

The room was the perfect size for one person to spend one night; however, having a stove, microwave and full size fridge made it tempting to not want to leave at 7:30am to continue my journey north. Admittedly, I didn't get to explore the hotel and see its other facilities, but it was clean, safe, well-lit outside (so no worry of car vandals) and most important, close to Interstate 95. All in all, worth the points used to stay and I'd stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Stephen L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

We are so glad that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and found us to be perfect for your stop on the way to New York! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

The night desk girl was not very friendly when I checked in barely said two words to me. The room was a lot smaller than other candlewoods I have stayed at in the past. There was a ball of hair on the floor and hairs all over the bed comforter and sheets and bathroom floor. It was quite disgusting if it had not been so late when I checked in I would have left. The next day the maids were knocking on the door at 8am in the morning it was ridiculous. I would suggest staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Stephen L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

We are so very sorry that you had a less than satisfactory stay with us. We strive to provide a friendly and clean environment for all of our guests. What you experienced is not the norm for us. We take all comments and reviews very serious and see each as an opportunity to better serve our guests. We would greatly appreciate it if you would contact us to provide a little more information about your experience and allow us a chance to improve.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Felt as close to being home when really being 1000+ miles from home. Real homemade scratch cookies waiting for me after work! Although they don't have a free breakfast, (who likes powered eggs anyway) I arrived on a Weds and a staff member Erica? greeted me by lobby and invited me to the weekly guest appreciation dinner and I ended up winning a 25 $ gift card to local food store bc I gave them my business card! Breakfast for the week! Had a wonderful time and I would recommended Candlewood Suites to anyone traveling to Aberdeen area. I will be back and bringing colleagues. Thanks Erica and Steven!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank wickedpetes
Stephen L, Operations Manager at Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you! Thanks for sharing those kind words. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to win that gift card! We do our best to make everyone feel at home no matter how far from home they may be. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you and your colleagues in the near future.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

This is a typical extended stay hotel, so if you are looking for daily maid service this may not be for you. This was our 3rd visit to this hotel in the last 12 months. We often visit family in the area and the Candlewood has been our continuing choice. We travel with two small dogs and the hotel is very pet friendly. They have a large dog walk area at the end of the hotel. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. On Wed they put on a cookout in a covered area outside the hotel. It is convenient a Cracker Barrel, several fast food outlets, and a grocery shopping plaza.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BobM28391

We are glad that you continue to stay with us on your visits to the area and bring your pets with you. We love animals! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I started working at APG at the end of Feb and have stayed at this hotel Mon-Thru nights for 17 weeks. The staff is the BEST. I am always greeted with a smile, and they are always ready with my check in and out paperwork. They don't clean daily, which is great. Saves on the cost of the room, which is why the rate is GREAT. One week, I need the room cleaned, and it was not a problem. This is a nice, clean hotel with great room amenities (frig w/ ice maker, stove, microwave, dishes, pots, pans, BBQ, ...) The weekly social on the patio is really nice. Having to be away from home was hard, but staying at Candlewood Suites made it doable. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SMB0523
Stephen L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thank you for your kind words! We are so glad that you enjoyed staying with us every week for the past 17 weeks. We certainly enjoyed having you stay with us and will miss you!