“Very nice hotel - great customer service”

Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Richmond, Virginia
“Very nice hotel - great customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I've stayed at this location over a dozen times between January and March 2014. It's a budget hotel for extended stays. Pluses: good gym with more than one treadmill & the gym is located with the guest laundry - get a workout while doing laundry (and use of the machines is free - no coins!). Nice compact kitchenette in room with dishes and stove top. Stove has a timer to keep other guests from burning down he hotel. Employees at the desk are extremely nice and a pleasure to talk to. During one visit I had to change my room several times because the heaters weren't working properly. They compensated me with a VERY generous amount of IHG points. Also: Candlewood has a small store that you pay on the honor system. Includes refrigerated drinks and ice cream, snacks, and toiletries - used several times. My rate was routinely < $90 / night with AAA discount. I'll stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Stephen L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you very much for submitting a review! We are very pleased that you enjoy staying with us and will continue to do so. We look forward to seeing you again and again. Please let us know if there is anything we can ever do to make your stays even more enjoyable.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed here for eight days. Good hotel for those long stays. Room had a kitchen with a microwave, cook top, and a full size fridge. Room also had the essential plates, pots, pans, etc. Great for making meals in the room. The room was clean and larger than normal hotel rooms. Bathroom was very nicely updated. Staff was pleasant and courteous. Always saying "hi" and starting a conversation. Hotel had free coffee, a good size little gym, and free laundry facilities. Was also able to check out some DVD's at the front desk. Not really up to date but free! Free WiFi. Only downside to the hotel was the satellite television in the room was constantly out and to keep the room at the temperature that was comfortable for us the heater was blowing COLD air in January! Otherwise a good hotel at a good price.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Stephen L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and we are glad that you were pleased with our property. We are very sorry for the television inconvenience. Yes, we do have a satellite provider and storms can interfere with the service from time-to-time. We hope that everything else was to your liking during your extended stay with us and look forward to seeing you again!
Cleveland, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Excellent location. Great staff very clean and we'll maintained. Very personable staff
Great place to stay love the cupboard it has a variety of items you may need.housekeeping staff are very professional and detail oriented.stayed here for 60 days and felt like I was at home

Room Tip: All rooms are well equipped with full fridge and great microwave. Very comfortable accomidations
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Stephen L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share those kind words. We try our best to make this a home for folks such as yourself staying for so many days. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you around!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I was driving back to New York from Baltimore, MD and got really tired on the way. Looking at area hotels that weren't too expensive, but weren't some no-tell motel, I found the Candlewood Suites to be perfect. All that I needed was a bed and a bathroom, both of which were clean, neat and ready for me. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating, considering my 1:00am arrival. I was even able to pay with points!

The room was the perfect size for one person to spend one night; however, having a stove, microwave and full size fridge made it tempting to not want to leave at 7:30am to continue my journey north. Admittedly, I didn't get to explore the hotel and see its other facilities, but it was clean, safe, well-lit outside (so no worry of car vandals) and most important, close to Interstate 95. All in all, worth the points used to stay and I'd stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Stephen L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and found us to be perfect for your stop on the way to New York! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to the area.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

The night desk girl was not very friendly when I checked in barely said two words to me. The room was a lot smaller than other candlewoods I have stayed at in the past. There was a ball of hair on the floor and hairs all over the bed comforter and sheets and bathroom floor. It was quite disgusting if it had not been so late when I checked in I would have left. The next day the maids were knocking on the door at 8am in the morning it was ridiculous. I would suggest staying elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Stephen L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
We are so very sorry that you had a less than satisfactory stay with us. We strive to provide a friendly and clean environment for all of our guests. What you experienced is not the norm for us. We take all comments and reviews very serious and see each as an opportunity to better serve our guests. We would greatly appreciate it if you would contact us to provide a little more information about your experience and allow us a chance to improve.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Felt as close to being home when really being 1000+ miles from home. Real homemade scratch cookies waiting for me after work! Although they don't have a free breakfast, (who likes powered eggs anyway) I arrived on a Weds and a staff member Erica? greeted me by lobby and invited me to the weekly guest appreciation dinner and I ended up winning a 25 $ gift card to local food store bc I gave them my business card! Breakfast for the week! Had a wonderful time and I would recommended Candlewood Suites to anyone traveling to Aberdeen area. I will be back and bringing colleagues. Thanks Erica and Steven!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank wickedpetes
Stephen L, Operations Manager at Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thank you! Thanks for sharing those kind words. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and were able to win that gift card! We do our best to make everyone feel at home no matter how far from home they may be. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you and your colleagues in the near future.
Stedman, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

This is a typical extended stay hotel, so if you are looking for daily maid service this may not be for you. This was our 3rd visit to this hotel in the last 12 months. We often visit family in the area and the Candlewood has been our continuing choice. We travel with two small dogs and the hotel is very pet friendly. They have a large dog walk area at the end of the hotel. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. On Wed they put on a cookout in a covered area outside the hotel. It is convenient a Cracker Barrel, several fast food outlets, and a grocery shopping plaza.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BobM28391
We are glad that you continue to stay with us on your visits to the area and bring your pets with you. We love animals! We look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air
Wingate by Wyndham Aberdeen /Edgewood
SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Bel Air - Aberdeen
La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / Aberdeen-South

Been to Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air? Share your experiences!