“A nice place to stay for an extended time.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air

Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Ferentino, Italy/Fort Worth, Texas
“A nice place to stay for an extended time.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel was clean, quiet, had a nice real kitchen with plates, utensils, stove, dishwasher, etc. If someone was planning to stay long time, this would be great. Hotel had a nice fitness room, and also free washer and dryers. Rooms were quiet, homey and had a nice work area. Beds were also very comfortable. The only small issues was that I kept losing the wi-fi internet connection, (not a big deal, could reconnect right away) and they did not offer a free breakfast, they did however have free coffee 24 hours a day, and a nice pantry with reasonable prices and selection. This hotel is perfect for the long term guest. Staff were all nice as well. A good experience.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2009

Very friendly and accomodating staff from the phone reservation with Al to the check in with Will. Even our cleaning lady was wonderful! The room was very clean; comfy king-sized bed, but the sofa bed was not. Nice, fluffy towels and I didn't even have to bring paper towels and dishwashing soap as they were provided. Very convenient location and near several eateries including Cracker Barrel. Our team cooked out at the gazebo where there were two gas grills, seating, lights and even a bit of a grassy area for our kids to run around in. They also even have a convenience store that came in very handy. We will definitely come back and hope the other Candlewoods also have the great customer service we experienced.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
va
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2009

I'll agree with some other reviews that it is a nice hotel, being new and modern decor. When I made my reservations about 2 months ago, I booked a 1 bedroom (2 queen beds) suite. Upon checking in they didn't have any of those rooms left due to a large wedding booking up the hotel. I was not happy to say the least. Then there was a shortage on housekeeping and I kept getting a different response as to what kind of room I would get. First they could give me the suite that had smoking. I said no, I want a non-smoking room, and then they had a 1 double bed and could give me a roll away. Not happy about that at all. I ended up with a standard room with the double bed and a roll away for my 4 yr to sleep on. Although the staff was apologetic I wasn't thrilled about the situation. Why make a reservations and then not have the room I requested. They did knock $20.00 dollars off which was nice, but I don't think I'll stay at another candlewood again. Also, the walls are paper thin. I could here the people next to me as if they were in my room and they were not being loud. The room was nice, and the location is not bad off of 95, but make sure you get what you booked for. There are to many other options around there and Baltimore to pick this place again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2009

I stayed for 3 nights and was very impressed with this hotel. It's a new hotel so it has modern decor, comfy bed, large suite rooms, full size closets, and was very reasonably priced for the area. Housekeeping does not come in daily since this is an extended stay, but you can change out linens and towels at the front desk. There is a grocery store, restaurants /fast food, and a bank within walking distance. We took a nice walk to the grocery store but be warned there are no sidewalks. Freeway access is about a minute away. The staff was very friendly and even looked up rental cars for us. The only thing I can say negative is that the walls were a tad on the thin side and we could hear the children next door and people in the hall. So if you're going for a romantic getaway this isn't the place. On the plus side if you have food allergies as I do and eating out is not much of a possibility, or you just like to cook for yourself while traveling, the kitchen is stocked with nice pans and utensils. There is also a full size fridge, 2 burner stove, convection/microwave and a "store" downstairs that is open 24 hours with your room key. The exercise room has a bike, treadmill, elliptical, and weight gym. Wireless internet is a little slow, free laundry facilities and a grill as well. If you are traveling to aberdeen proving grounds it's only about 10 minutes away. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay again when we're in the area.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2009

Had a weekend stay in June for the LPGA McDonald's golf tournament at Bulle Rock. The hotel was about 15 mins from the event. It's a new hotel and did not even know about it until I did a search and found a good rate ($89/nt). The parking lot was a little muddy due to the construction.

Check-in was a little slow as others checking in had issues but my check-in was a breeze. Several of the golfers were actually staying at the hotel as well...

Room -- had booked a standard room but at check-in, room type was not available and was upgraded to a 1-bedroom suite (no complaints by me). The room was clean and pretty good size with a living room area, full kitchen and a large desk. Wood flooring in the kitchen and entrance. There's a sofa, coffee table and TV in the living room. A second TV was available in the bedroom as well. Only complaint was the room has a fan in the wall to circulate the air from the air conditioner which was made a rattling sound when running.

Food -- no restaurants on the premises but the hotel did have a pantry with drinks, milk, cereal, snacks and other supplies. There's a Pizza Hut next door and McDonald's, BK and a shopping center near by.

Overall, the hotel was nice and quiet. A good value compared to other hotels nearby. I would stay there again if I needed to...

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2009

This hotel was our first choice as it was new. The desk employees were very helpful with trying to find our reservation and the manager was very nice to assist the staff and located the reservation.Our room was very clean with alot more items then any other hotel that we have stayed at. Keep up the great job as we will return.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Working
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2009

I made my reservation a month before my arrival date, but somehow the front desk seemed to have no prior knowledge of my arrival or my moderate requests. Luckily I had my confirmation info handy. The girls at the front desk were very polite, however they were not very helpful. Each time during my weeklong stay that I had an issue, I was referred to a manager who probably doesn't even exist. I left messages for the manager everyday until I departed. Finally over a week after my stay I had my billing issue resolved by calling the corporate number on the IHG website. I advise any future guests to either pay with cash or pre-pay for your stay because the manager will not help you get a refund if you are owed one. She probably doesn't even work there.

• Disliked — Trying to contact Jane, the Manager
  • Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank travelmami85
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air
Wingate by Wyndham Aberdeen /Edgewood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / Aberdeen-South
SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South

Been to Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air? Share your experiences!