“Great room!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Virgnia
“Great room!”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I always try to stay here when traveling to MD. The rooms are great, very large and comfortable. The staff has been awesome - Michelle was a big help on my last trip, she moved my room when there was an issue. Nothing but good things to say about the hotel and the staff! I will be back soon!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed at this hotel this past weekend of October 28 & 29 based upon a scheduled baseball tournament at the Ripkin complex in Aberdeen, Md. Upon checking in late Friday evening, their room hold policy was absurd, my companion was asked to put down nearly $200 cash for incidentals as he did not have a credit card on him. As we checked in late Friday, my only request was to take nice hot bath. Get to room - no bath only shower. So we were actually given an upgrade with a jacuzzi in room. I look in bathroom, theres a tub in the bathroom. So we went from NO tub, to TWO.... ridiculous. The front desk person did not know how to use the shower hose on the jacuzzi tub as the lever actually was stuck and it just needed to be moved a little. Turns out the tournament was canceled...and we could have left, however chose to stay in turn giving them our business regardless. They should be thankful.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R M
, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air, responded to this review, 7 November 2011
Dear R M,

Thank you for your comments. We apologize that you did not feel that our customer service met your expectations. It is our endeavor to make every guest comfortable during their stay with us. The original suite that you reserved had an oversized shower. Upon finding out your disappointment with the accommodations, we felt that offering you a complimentary upgrade to one of our most expensive suites went above a standard level of service. We would like to thank you for letting us know about the bath handle. We have since had our property Engineer service the suite.

As far as a deposit on the overnight rooms, it is a hotel policy that at check in guests must present a valid credit/debit card as some form of payment for their stay. We traditionally do not take cash payments or deposits, but made an exception since your companion's room was part of your team booking. His deposit was promptly refunded at check out upon payment for the suite.

It is unfortunate that the tournament was cancelled at the last minute. We do hope that in the future if Cal Ripken make up the tournament, you consider our hotel. We tried to assist your team make the best of the situation with our suggestions for local attractions and shopping in the area. If you would like to further discuss opportunities for better service, please contact us.

Alan Manandhar
Guest Services Mananger
Homewood Suites Bel Air/Aberdeen
4170 Philadelphia Road
Bel Air, MD 21015
Ph: 410 297 8585
Lake Ridge, Virginia
Reviewed 30 October 2011

This was a return visit to the Homewood Suites, Bel Air, MD. Convenient to both Bel Air, Aberdeen, and Edgewood. The rooms are clean, spacious, and homey. The staff was friendly and helpful. But what was really surprising was the complimentary dinner: it was very good, as good as food at any of the area restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Connecticut
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed here as a stop over before going into Baltimore. It's about 30 minutes out of the city. It was clean and comfortable. Beds were comfortable. Water was hot and pressure was good. The included breakfast was fair and normal quality free breakfast. The coffee was pretty good. Staff was friendly. Over pretty good for a quick over night.

• Stayed October 2011
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I was pretty impressed with this place during my stay. This property is fairly new so the rooms were updated, the property was clean, and the hotel just felt roomy. The check-in attendants were very kind and very helpful. The best thing about this hotel was the complimentary meals. On weekdays, this hotel would serve hot breakfast as well as dinner- something really convenient that I enjoyed. I also liked the rooms because they were pretty roomy and they had everything you would expect from a suite: kitchen, sink, full fridge, microwave, and a living area. We had a 2 bedroom suite and it was very nice having two rooms with their own full bedrooms and desks. Overall, I enjoyed this hotel and will definitely stay at a Homewood Suites whenever I'm on the road.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor have higher ceilings so it feels like your room is bigger and more room...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We had the opportunity to stay here when I was in town for my 25th high school reunion and overall this was a nice place.

Staff: Very friendly and helpful at check-in. The guy gave me the rundown on the facilities, things that were nearby and made sure we had everything we needed. Staff at the free breakfast were helpful, if a bit gruff, but we had everything we needed. Checkout was fast and painless. Housekeeping staff were all very friendly and nice.

Facilities: This facility looks very new. Parking lot and exterior were clean and well manicured. Lobby area was comfortable and clean with a big fireplace and comfy chairs. The pool area looked nice and the gym was pretty good.

Room was very comfortable and super clean. I loved the large shower.

Highlights: Free internet was great. Free breakfast was nice although the food was mediocre. The location is very convenient.

Areas for improvement: They ran out of some food by about 9:15 at breakfast and breakfast went until 10. They have all the utensils at different places in the breakfast area so it was hard to locate what you needed.

Overall impression: Great, no-hassle stay. I’d go back if I was passing through Bel Air and needed a place to stay.

Nearby transportation: I-95 is right down the road, but not much in the way of public transportation

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Virgnia
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I stayed July 4th evening - the hotel was great! The room was very spacios and very clean. The bathroom was ok, smaller than I had anticipated but nice. The room was a one bedroom suite, the kitchen was nice, the "living room" was great and the hotel was quiet. I was on a high floor with a view of the basketball courts. There was some noise while people were playing ball but not a big deal. The location was perfect, food near by and in the lobby! The bed was comfortable and the climate control was awesome. I will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank vak9girl74
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Bel Air - Aberdeen
La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / Aberdeen-South

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air? Share your experiences!