“WONDERFUL!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Reviewed 11 October 2012

On a trip to Havre de Grace we stayed here by accident because we couldn't book our regular hotel! Thank goodness!!! This is a very new property and has everything you can ask for in a hotel at these rates - free breakfast, great location, restaurant and bar on the premises, pool, exercise room, outdoor picnic area w/grill, comfortable beds/furniture and very clean rooms. We are booking our third visit this year. The staff is professional, friendly and accommodating. Above all this place is Quiet!!! I just can't say how happy we are that we discovered Homewood Suites Bel Air.

Room Tip: As a rule of thumb try to book a top floor room away from the elevators in any hotel - this one seem...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed here recently since we were in town for a wedding. The location is good, right off of I-95. We had a 2 bedroom suite. While the space was good, the rooms left more to be desired. The a/c unit in 1 bedroom was leaking so when I went to close the curtain, I stepped on a frigid, wet carpet. Maintenance fixed it the next day. I don't know what was going on with the a/c, but it was either too cold or too warm in the suites. Even though we had the temps set the same in all 3 rooms, it just wasn't comfortable. There's a basketball court by the lobby area for guests to use. The constant bouncing of balls in the evening was very annoying. The suite smelled odd also. I don't even know what to compare it to. I think the thing that really got to me was the quality of toilet paper. This might be TMI, but it was terrible. I had to go out and get toilet paper for us since the stuff this hotel provides falls apart so easily. I didn't complain since we used points on the credit card to "pay" for the room. But if I had paid out of pocket over $200 per night, I would have. Although this wasn't a terrible hotel, I wouldn't stay here again especially since we frequently stay in Hilton hotels and didn't feel this one was quite up to par.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the basketball court.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ScoobyVA
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I have come to expect only the best from Hilton and this property did not disappoint me. We enjoyed the pool, the clean room, the basketball court, the breakfast and even the laundromat. We had no problems at all. The room was clean. The property was quiet and we enjoyed a nice, relaxing stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I grew up in Bel Air, and this property definitely is not in Bel Air, but it's central enough to be close to Bel Air, Churchville, Darlington, Havre de Grace and Aberdeen.

The staff was incredibly friendly and the front desk clerk was very helpful. The property itself is clean, well decorated and nice.

The room was very spacious and comfortable. The kitchen was amazing. The bed was comfortable and bathroom was fine. My only complaints: the upholstered furniture was a little stained, the duvet cover was this slick burgundy material (I prefer white to know that it was at least washed before I got there) and it also kept slipping off the bed, and our room wasn't ready when we got there, even though it was a few hours after check in.

But all in all, I would happily stay at this property again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2012

First I have to say I appreciate their offer of complimentary food in the evening from 530-730pm. However I was very dissapointed when I attempted to eat at 630pm to find the hot food gone and salad with only slim Pickens left. This was right in the middle of their dinner time and to be completely absent of food is very poor service. I had to ultimately go out to eat which somewhat defeated the purpose of free dinner. Management should really ensure the food is stocked during dinner time

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Nice Hilton property. First time that I have stayed at a Homewood. My only problem was that we only stayed one night. I could have enjoyed the room for another one or two nights. This time of year there are lots of youth baseball games in the area. There were multiple teams staying at this hotel while we were there. I had no problems though. The hotel provides standard accommodations for Homewood Suites – full Kitchen – full refrigerator, utensils, basic cook ware, oven/stove, & microwave. There is a fold-out coach and seating in a living room. There is a separate bedroom, and flat panel TVs in each room. They do provide breakfast each morning in the lobby - free.
Its located right off I-95, exit 80. There are a few fast food places in the area - McD, Burger King, a supermarket, 7-11 convenience store, Ruby Tues restaurant, and pizza hut within short distance. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I have stayed here on two occasions in the last month. It provides standard accomodotions for Homewood Suites – Kitchen – full refrigerator, 4 place settings, basic cook ware, oven/stove, microwave. There is a fold-out coach and seating in a living room. There is a separate bedroom. The food is OK. They provide a full dinner as part of the room rate. It is typical institional food – canned vegitables, protein, starch. In many cases, I would get a salad at the hotel and then go out for dinner. But it is a great value to get dinner as part of the room rate (dinner is served only Monday-Thursday 5-7:30). The breakfasts are good. They have yogurt, fruit salad, oatmeal, cereal, bread products, and a hot dish. Not as good as Embassy Suites/Hilton Garden with the made-to-order Omelets, but better than Hampton Inn/Holiday Inn Express breakfast buffets.

The location is good – 1 minute from exit 80 off I-95. There is a good place to run or walk in a mature forest about 3 miles away at Stoney State Forest on the other side of I-95. There is also a neighborhood that is close that has 1-2 miles of sidewalks and greenways. There is a Pizza Hut, Cracker Barrel, and a Pub all within a quarter mile along Route 7 (walkable, but no sidewalks).

Room Tip: They do have some two bedroom suites. I received one for being a Hilton Honors member.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bel Air/Aberdeen, MD
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Bel Air - Aberdeen

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air? Share your experiences!