“Comfortable Stay”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Philadelphia, PA
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Enjoyed our stay this past weekend at the Homewood Suites in Bel Aire. We were given an early check in which was very nice and allowed us to drop our bags off, change and drive over to Cal Ripken complex in Aberdeen (10 min. drive). We have stayed at this hotel many times over the past few years and have always enjoyed it's location, cleanliness and accommodating staff. Hotel also has a small indoor pool which our kids love and a nice little workout room for the adults. Hotel lobby area is large enough to host team family get-togethers which we have done several times. There are also two outdoor grills which we have used in the past as well. Each visit the hotel staff has gone out of their way to make our group feel comfortable which is why we keep coming back. If I had one criticism to comment on, it would be the mattresses/bedding.....could be a little better quality. A good value!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pensacola
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This Homewood Suites is average when compared to other proerties in the Homewood stable. When I checked in, I was not greeted as a Diamond member of the HHonors program. My requested room was not ready, even though it was after 3 PM.
They love to put onions in the eggs for breakfast. I'm not sure who thought of this. No Thanks!
We stayed in the hotel for about 3 weeeks. My wife was with me and we did not need our room serviced on a daily basis. However, the housekeeping staff would not furnish the room with supplies for more than 1 day. This way we were forced to use housekeeping every day?!
When we went to leave, I asked for a late check out. Again, my Diamond status meant nothing and I was told that I would be charged.
We went ahead and left on time. My wife spent a few hours walking around Walmart and met some homeless people that told her that this is where they like to hang out...
I cancelled my next reservation at the property over a $60 late checkout fee. Seems like a smart idea, as I stayed in other hotels in the area for the next 10 days. $60 > $1,200.
So, if you are Diamond, go to the Garden Inn in Aberdeen. They know how to treat Diamond members!

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the back side of the property unless you want to hear the I-95 traffic all n...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tom M
Vestal, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel with 11 other families for a baseball tournament. Because we were there during a holiday week, we were able to take advantage of the Manager's Dinner on the weeknights as well as the complimentary breakfast each morning. The kids all enjoyed the pool, hot tub and basketball court. The suites (2 queens and a separate pull out couch) are a perfect set up for the various family make ups, esp. when the boys are getting bigger and require their own sleeping space. Having a kitchenette is very handy for meal prep for those who don't want to spend additional money dining out. Staff was friendly, and helpful. The place was clean and well maintained. The food was plentiful and tasty. Our family would definitely stay here again when back in the area!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Bel-Air, United States
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Among one of the best stays I have had. I just wish the hotel had a better Gym Facility, and maybe Wine and beer night. Plus, have dinner on Friday instead of just 4 days a week. Yes have more Washers and dryers for the quest. We spend to much time waiting on a free washer or dryer to be open.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Sarasota, United States
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed at this property at the worst part of the 2014 winter and although snowed in a couple of days, had a great experience overall. The staff is very friendly and helpful! I've enjoyed my stay here and consider it truly a second home.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Virgnia
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I had to cancel due to sickness and usually this hotel is beyond amazing when it comes to customer service. Not today. It didn't matter that I had stayed many times before or that I'm an Honors member. I was charged one nights stay plus tax anyway. Thanks for nothing. Loyalty means nothing, I guess.

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank vak9girl74
Pasadena, United States
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Rooms are clean hotel is new. Service was excellent. Check/in and out was efficient and quick.Break fast was well organized and good selection. Food was hot also. Pool and hot tub were clean, and right temperature. Love towels provided, large and fluffy.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
Wingate by Wyndham Aberdeen /Edgewood
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Bel Air - Aberdeen

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air? Share your experiences!