“Come for the ice cream, stay for lunch!”

Broom's Bloom Dairy
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Bel Air
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Steinwenden, Germany
“Come for the ice cream, stay for lunch!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have always enjoyed the ice cream at Brooms Bloom and the assortment of other local. Fresh products. They have a nice selection of flavor sand the ice cream is delicious. We love sitting on the farm and enjoying the scenery. They also offer great lunches- they have big portions and reasonable prices.

• Visited July 2014

Kingsland, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

For the past year or two my family has been coming here as a special treat for ice cream. I absolutely love it (and they will put a warm brownie on your ice cream!) and for the last few months of my pregnancy I was here so often, couldn't get enough! On busy days it does get a little chaotic but, if it makes sense, it is in a good way. It's a controlled chaos. I can't wait to take my daughter here for ice cream!

• Visited October 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Holy COW!!!!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife wanted some ice cream and man did we get some. She ordered a small and I ordered a medium in a waffle cone. Her small has 5-6 scoops of ice cream. Towering over the cone. And my medium had like 8 scoops making it look like a giant cloud on a cone. Not only were the portions tremendous, the flavors were great. Perfect atmosphere with a live singer. Beautiful sunflowers for some great pictures. Very nice place to brings kids. Will be going back all the time.

Davidson, North Carolina
“Wonderful Again!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

It is off I-95 near Bel- Air MD a few miles north on PA hwy 543. What a great refreshing stop in rural America. The dairy and land has been in the family for numerous generations. The line to order was long when we arrived, but moved quickly. Families ordered dinner and large cones of numerous favors of ice cream, milk shakes and other related products. I ordered a tuna salad and it was great. My wife had soup and a sandwich. If you order ice cream after dinner they give you a chip to take to the server. It is an oasis off I-95. If you stay at a hotel nearby you have to work this in your evening plans. While you wait get the menu from the cashier and be ready to order at the register. Kids will love you if you stop here and you will be the hero of the day. Indoor and outdoor seating is available.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank allenriverford28036
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Ice Cream good, but place needs organization.”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Went for the first time to this place. My first impression was total disorganizartion. No line to speak of, no bottled water...just a communal water cooler; wait staff yells out the person's name and walks around trying to pair the order with the customer. It took two of my party over 20 mins to get grilled cheese sandwiches, when the rest of us had already received our orders and were practically finished. I ordered Gazpacho and BBQ Pork sandwich which came with a mini bag of chips. The Gazpacho was tasteless, thick like salsa and in a mason jar, the pork tasted old, and the BBQ sauce too sweet. I have to say the ice cream was very good; creamy and smooth.

There was an entire team of kids and parents that came in and they were everywhere blocking the entrance, and front counter.

You have to bus your own table; which that in and of itself was ok, but they use dishes and you have to place them in a busing container, and throw away all paper products.

This is what I suggest Brooms do to get organized:

- Use a number system to retrieve orders.
- Put up a rope system for people to serpentine through rather than everyone converging up to the counter to order, it can overwhelm the employee taking the orders.
- Separate counter to order ice cream instead of the chip method. Again, place in an area where people can line up.
- Use heavy duty paper plates and bowls, heavy plastic forks and knives, disposable salt, pepper, and condiments.
- Move tables out from between the order counter and refrigerator area. Too congested.
- Extend the concrete onto the grass area from the porch where the tables and benches are, or construct a low deck extended from the porch.
- Sell bottled water. Much more sanitary. You don't run the risk of people spreading germs from handling cups and pressing button on water machine.

• Visited June 2014