“One of my favorite places!”

Broom's Bloom Dairy
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Bel Air
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 23 July 2014

If you are in the Harford County, MD area, you will want to stop by for a bowl of Maryland crab soup, delicious sandwich and ice cream. just a short drive from Interstate 95 on Rt. 543, Bloom's Broom has the best chocolate ice cream...the flavor reminds me of eating a fudge brownie. I love the location...right on their family farm. The locals come here all of the time. They offer a number of hot soups, Mac and cheese and quiche, delicious soups, cheese and fruit plates, salad, sometimes BBQ sandwiches and a number of sandwich choices. The ice cream is listed and updated on a chalk board. In addition to their food offerings, they also provide opportunity to purchase local dairy products (milk, cheese and yogurt) beef, lamb, chicken and eggs. You may also see other items for sale...produce, honey, etc. It's a fun place.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have always enjoyed the ice cream at Brooms Bloom and the assortment of other local. Fresh products. They have a nice selection of flavor sand the ice cream is delicious. We love sitting on the farm and enjoying the scenery. They also offer great lunches- they have big portions and reasonable prices.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

For the past year or two my family has been coming here as a special treat for ice cream. I absolutely love it (and they will put a warm brownie on your ice cream!) and for the last few months of my pregnancy I was here so often, couldn't get enough! On busy days it does get a little chaotic but, if it makes sense, it is in a good way. It's a controlled chaos. I can't wait to take my daughter here for ice cream!

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife wanted some ice cream and man did we get some. She ordered a small and I ordered a medium in a waffle cone. Her small has 5-6 scoops of ice cream. Towering over the cone. And my medium had like 8 scoops making it look like a giant cloud on a cone. Not only were the portions tremendous, the flavors were great. Perfect atmosphere with a live singer. Beautiful sunflowers for some great pictures. Very nice place to brings kids. Will be going back all the time.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

It is off I-95 near Bel- Air MD a few miles north on PA hwy 543. What a great refreshing stop in rural America. The dairy and land has been in the family for numerous generations. The line to order was long when we arrived, but moved quickly. Families ordered dinner and large cones of numerous favors of ice cream, milk shakes and other related products. I ordered a tuna salad and it was great. My wife had soup and a sandwich. If you order ice cream after dinner they give you a chip to take to the server. It is an oasis off I-95. If you stay at a hotel nearby you have to work this in your evening plans. While you wait get the menu from the cashier and be ready to order at the register. Kids will love you if you stop here and you will be the hero of the day. Indoor and outdoor seating is available.

1  Thank allenriverford28036