“Clean but loud”

SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Stayed here for a couple days the proper was clean but the heater/ac unit rattled so bad I turned it off. It would come on randomly because the thermostat must be broke on it. Blankets are also a tad thin as well. My room was somewha awkward with a tv in the middle between the sitting space and the bed it was very hard to see from either location. Wifi is free but slow suggest bringing your 4G.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen

Reviewed 14 February 2013

Stay here fairly often. Never had a problem, staff is very accomodating and friendly. Location is very convenient to Baltimore and not that expensive, located right off of I-95. Pool and work out facilities are adequate and seldom crowded. Breakfast service is OK, but it can be a little crowded since it is free. Not a lot of restaurant options close by.

Room Tip: Get a room in the front, the back faces I 95.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2013

We are staying here right now due to a water pipe breaking at our house. Very accomodating staff. The lady at the front desk was very nice in explaining upfront that if you use a debit card, they put a hold of $40 more and it isn't taken off for about 5-7 days afterwards. Many places don't take the time to think of telling you something like that. Breakfast was pretty good this morning - eggs, bacon, fruit, all kinds of drinks, bagels, muffins, etc. I think there might have been a waffle machine too...not sure..I didn't quite make it down to that end of the line! They gave me extra towels when I asked for them. The only couple of things that I had issues with were 1) the heat works great but it doesn't really find it's way to the sitting area and bathroom as it should and 2) the water takes a LONG time to get hot. Other than that, it's been a great stay and we are staying again tonight. PS: The cleaning lady is here as I write this, and she is vacuuming and dusting..even though we've only been here one night! Very nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sallyannd
Reviewed 24 January 2013

Stayed here for some much needed time away. The beds are comfortable, I have never had any problem with the property. The last time I stayed, they had a football tournament going on, so all the young people were there. But they didnt disturb me to much. I couldnt get the Tv to work and the young man that tried to help me didnt do such a good job. But we finally got the tv and remote to work together. Very good location.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kenneygirl
Reviewed 26 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night while visiting family in Colora. Front desk staff was friendly and attentive. Convenient location, within 20 min of movie theatre, restaurants, and not too far to venture into Baltimore. Nightly rate was decent considering the holidays and other hotel options in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank kandice292
Reviewed 28 November 2012

When one uses a Marriott owned property it is usually a pleasant experience so I booked a 5 night stay here. The receptionist was a clueless teenager that took forever to find my reservations but my patience was tested .The suite was supposedly redone recently , it was clean and average sized but not IMO worth the $130- 143/night they command.
Within 30 minutes of retiring my sinuses had a histaminic reaction that filled my nasal areas. I sneezed and dripped mucus to the point that I finally turned on the lights and started searching for the source...aha....feather pillows.
I replaced them with the extra foam pillows in the closet and turned in again for needed sleep. Once again, about 30 minutes later, the same reaction so I gave up and went back to the sofa and watched television for a few hours.The reaction subsided so I tried to return to the bed only to be overwhelmed by another mucus moment . I gave up and returned to the sofa with my foam pillow and dozed till morning.
We cancelled the remaining 4 nights and left. I rarely have allergies to bedding and can only suspect that the mattress is old and infested with dust mites or a family of cats resided there for the week prior to my stay.

Room Tip: Demand a new mattress or walk.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Curt J
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We stayed at this property twice in October. Once on our way down to Florida and also on our way back. Both stays were very good. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast has enough variety to get you going. We especially like the separate sleeping and rest area in the room. I agree with the comment about the lack of a freezer compartment in the fridge.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ted B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen
Wingate by Wyndham Aberdeen /Edgewood

Been to SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen? Share your experiences!