“Front Desk staff does not know what they are doing!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen

SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Austin, Texas
“Front Desk staff does not know what they are doing!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

My husband and some co-workers stayed at the Marriott. The room was put on the company tab. When the guys got there they were told they needed a credit card on file for movies, use of phones and etc. The guys asked if they could just block those items like most hotels do. They told them no they still needed a C.C. Understandable. Were told the card would have a hold for 24 hours on it for 120. The next day every single one of the guys had 120 charged to there c.c twice. (7 guys 7 rooms) This is ridiculous. I have been a manager at two brand name hotels and this I can tell you is a lack of training your front desk. This should never have happened. When it did happen and the guys went back down two days later they were told by other employee they could have blocked the services with out putting on the c.c. Then when one of the guys asked to pay cash for dry cleaning he was told no he needed to use a new c.c (since the one they pulled 240 was now maxed) The gentleman asked if they were only going to pull out the amount for dry-cleaning was told yes. Next day there is other charge for 120 on the card from the company. I then became upset on behalf of these guys (all military veterans) and called the hotel to get a line from the front desk they were looking into it and these matters take time. That is when I told the front desk clerk that I use to manage a hotel and that is a line that I am not taking. Then she started back tracking I asked her if she was the manager because I know only a manager can get into the system to look at the financials the way they needed to be. Was informed no the manger is out would you like his VM. SERIOUSLY! I can understand if it was a weekend that I was calling, but I was calling on a Thursday at 11am. I would highly recommend they retrain their staff. I am also going to talk to my husband and the other guys and encourage them to talk to the manager about finding other accommodations in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple days the proper was clean but the heater/ac unit rattled so bad I turned it off. It would come on randomly because the thermostat must be broke on it. Blankets are also a tad thin as well. My room was somewha awkward with a tv in the middle between the sitting space and the bed it was very hard to see from either location. Wifi is free but slow suggest bringing your 4G.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Lakewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

Stay here fairly often. Never had a problem, staff is very accomodating and friendly. Location is very convenient to Baltimore and not that expensive, located right off of I-95. Pool and work out facilities are adequate and seldom crowded. Breakfast service is OK, but it can be a little crowded since it is free. Not a lot of restaurant options close by.

Room Tip: Get a room in the front, the back faces I 95.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

We are staying here right now due to a water pipe breaking at our house. Very accomodating staff. The lady at the front desk was very nice in explaining upfront that if you use a debit card, they put a hold of $40 more and it isn't taken off for about 5-7 days afterwards. Many places don't take the time to think of telling you something like that. Breakfast was pretty good this morning - eggs, bacon, fruit, all kinds of drinks, bagels, muffins, etc. I think there might have been a waffle machine too...not sure..I didn't quite make it down to that end of the line! They gave me extra towels when I asked for them. The only couple of things that I had issues with were 1) the heat works great but it doesn't really find it's way to the sitting area and bathroom as it should and 2) the water takes a LONG time to get hot. Other than that, it's been a great stay and we are staying again tonight. PS: The cleaning lady is here as I write this, and she is vacuuming and dusting..even though we've only been here one night! Very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sallyannd
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

Stayed here for some much needed time away. The beds are comfortable, I have never had any problem with the property. The last time I stayed, they had a football tournament going on, so all the young people were there. But they didnt disturb me to much. I couldnt get the Tv to work and the young man that tried to help me didnt do such a good job. But we finally got the tv and remote to work together. Very good location.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kenneygirl
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night while visiting family in Colora. Front desk staff was friendly and attentive. Convenient location, within 20 min of movie theatre, restaurants, and not too far to venture into Baltimore. Nightly rate was decent considering the holidays and other hotel options in the area.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank kandice292
Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2012

When one uses a Marriott owned property it is usually a pleasant experience so I booked a 5 night stay here. The receptionist was a clueless teenager that took forever to find my reservations but my patience was tested .The suite was supposedly redone recently , it was clean and average sized but not IMO worth the $130- 143/night they command.
Within 30 minutes of retiring my sinuses had a histaminic reaction that filled my nasal areas. I sneezed and dripped mucus to the point that I finally turned on the lights and started searching for the source...aha....feather pillows.
I replaced them with the extra foam pillows in the closet and turned in again for needed sleep. Once again, about 30 minutes later, the same reaction so I gave up and went back to the sofa and watched television for a few hours.The reaction subsided so I tried to return to the bed only to be overwhelmed by another mucus moment . I gave up and returned to the sofa with my foam pillow and dozed till morning.
We cancelled the remaining 4 nights and left. I rarely have allergies to bedding and can only suspect that the mattress is old and infested with dust mites or a family of cats resided there for the week prior to my stay.

Room Tip: Demand a new mattress or walk.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jonesyguy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air
Wingate by Wyndham Aberdeen /Edgewood
Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Bel Air - Aberdeen

Been to SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen? Share your experiences!