“Very comfortable for family”

SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Reviewed 3 August 2009

My wife and daughters stayed at this hotel after a long drive going to Sox game at Camden Yards. Had the two queen and sofabed suite and were very happy with the room. Short 35 min drive to the ballpark.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2009

I'm a baseball fan, and loved Cal Ripken, but this was the pits. Our original plan was for a three-night stay while visiting family nearby. We cut out after the first night, since the place was over-run by unruly young/teenage boys (and their uncaring socializing parents) attending baseball camps/tournaments at the nearby Ripken baseball facilities. There was a security "guard" who wandered around, but the boys simply ran away to avoid him, screaming in the halls as they did. No fun for us or our young children who were trying to sleep. I complained and received a 20% discount, but no true apology. The rooms, by the way, were less-than adequate with below-standard furnishings/bedding/bathroom. Breakfast offerings were paltry; we headed to the Cracker Barrel next door instead. With the slim pickings in Bel Air and its proximity to I-95, this place could work in a pinch, but only if it's not baseball season. Check ahead!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2009

We have family in the area with a full house, so have stayed at this hotel twice (five nights total) in the last eighteen months. The price is a little hard to take, given that summer specials in downtown D.C. hotels made some of the four-star places more affordable than this budget hotel. But there aren't many options if you want to be in a safe area near Bel Air/Aberdeen/Forest Hill. It's clean, the service is great, breakfast good, restaurants nearby, indoor pool, right off the interstate. We will stay here again when visiting family.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2009

We were to stay here for one night at the end of June. It was the final leg of a business/leisure trip. We left Burlington, Vermont in the late morning and stopped off a number of fun places. At 6 p.m., I called the hotel to confirm our reservation for the evening and to make sure we were guaranteed for late arrival as we were still aways away. Sure enough, we didn't drive in until a little after midnight. Since I had called earlier to confirm, I wasn't too worried. Well, I should have been.

The person at the front desk informed us that they had overbooked and that no rooms were available. Tired from a long day, all I could do is to stand there with a look of disbelief. He said that he would call next door and set us up in a room at the Country Inn and Suites. So, we drove to the Country Inn. The woman there wasn't the friendliest person in the world. At one point, she asked what kind of room we wanted. I answered incorrectly -- I said I wanted a room comparable to what we would have received at the Springhill SUITES. When we entered our room, yep, no suite. At this point it was after 1 a.m., so we just went to bed -- although I must admit I did not sleep at all -- I was angry. In the morning, I have never seen such a poor excuse for a breakfast. I didn't mind too much until we trucked back over to Springhill to try to figure out our bill. I saw its breakfast -- very nice -- made me more angry. The man at the front desk was exceedingly rude and when we asked for the bill, said that we weren't in the system because our reservation had been cancelled. So now, we don't know what our bill is, they swiped our credit card at Springhill the night before, and we weren't being treated well.

I don't think I would have quite so angry if I hadn't taken the time to call earlier in the day to confirm my reservation and to inform them that we would be arriving very late. In this day and age, this is inexcusable. We travel a lot -- all over the country -- and will try to avoid any sort of Marriott properties for the time being. I will NOT reward bad behavior.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2009

Stayed for one night. Looked like a growing area. Lot of construction and new buildings. This hotel looks pretty new from outside. I got a room on the first floor and it had a plasma/LCD tv. Was a very nice room. Nice front desk staff. No problems. The brand is kind of a mix between a courtyard and a residence inn. I enjoyed it. Very practical.

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 13 June 2008

In may, 15-22nd , 2008 four of us stayed at springhill suites for a week,to attend a college graduation and sight see the area. We were in a suite that easily fit four adults without running into each other constantly, the little kitchen area, desk area, lounging area with additional tv was like a little apartment away from the 2 queen beds with half wall separation. The bath area was very convenient for us with the shower and toilet in one room and the sink area away from it. made it easy for 3 women and one man to prepare to go anywhere. The breakfast was good with many choices including waffles and sausage and eggs,, and many breads, fruits etc., yogurt, juices, bottled water, coffee,,,all good. The service was superb at the desk and maid service, in fact, they hated to see us leave, like old pals. I certainly would and will stay at springhill suites if the occasion arrises again. Easy walk to cracker barrel and a new little strip almost done, almost on the property. Did not have trouble getting to other places to eat with rental car. The hotel is fairly new and decorated very nicely and user friendly. Thanks to the staff of springhill suites.
Retterath, Schanz and Geisen from North Dakota

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank imnotcrabby
Reviewed 28 March 2008

Nice hotel, it has expanded in the past 2 years and is in a growing area. They are currently building a wine Bar/Restaurant next door to the hotel. Good location one mile off of I 95 and about 30 minutes north of Baltimore.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Air
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bel Air
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Candlewood Suites Aberdeen - Edgewood - Bel Air
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen
Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen - Chesapeake House

Been to SpringHill Suites Edgewood Aberdeen? Share your experiences!