“Saving the day !!!”

Sunny Day Cafe
Ranked #4 of 157 Restaurants in Bel Air
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Forest Hill, Maryland
“Saving the day !!!”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Thanks so much for the yummy sandwiches you made for our Super Bowl party. You really saved the day with my last minute request due to my poor planning. Thanks and we will definitely use you for future catering.
The party food was a success and so was the road to victory. Love our Ravens!!! Cindy Horka

Visited February 2013

Bel Air, Maryland
“Not as good as the old "carried Away Gourmet"”
Reviewed 24 January 2013 via mobile

Lunch at this restaurant used to be strong. Great md crab skit. Solid paninis. Sunny day was really a bummer. Blah soup blah sandwich. No imagination. I won't go back and I will give most places a few times before I say that. Unimaginative cooking

Baltimore, Maryland
“Make your day super sunny at Sunny Day Cafe”
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Wow, wow, wow!!! Forget all those major chains in Bel Air, try your luck (you won't be disappointed) and give Sunny Day Cafe a chance -- you will fall in love!

There is a huge variety of items on the menu and each is divine. The savory/sweet crepes are delicious and they will gladly accommodate substitutions -- for a very reasonable price, too! The crab cakes are all crab meat and basically no filler. The prices are extremely affordable and I imagine they will stay this way for a while.

The owners are beyond pleasant and friendly. They are behind the counter prepping and cooking but always available for a quick chat. Nice open kitchen and little cute tabletop bar area to sit, too.

I'm telling you, if you have any brains in your noggin, you will go here and spend your money on this beautifully owned small business. Support your LOCAL businesses, screw the major corporations! This is a hidden treasure of Harford County!

• Visited December 2012
Bel Air, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Catering is awesome!”
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I have visited the Sunny Day Cafe several times and really enjoyed the atmosphere and food. The staff was very friendly and inviting, not to mention efficient. I have used the Sunny Day Cafe twice now to cater events I was having. All of my guests loved the food and it was affordable. I am sure I will continue to use them again in the future. The Florentine Crepes are tied with the crab cakes for my favorite dish. There was something on the menu for everyone.

• Visited December 2012
West Haven, Connecticut
“Glad I found this place!”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I had heard about a new breakfast-lunch place opening in downtown Bel Air from a friend and decided to check it out for myself. Boy, am I glad that I did! A place to have a good breakfast is always a find, so a few weeks ago on a day off, I spent part of a cloudy morning having breakfast at a wonderfully cozy place called the Sunny Day Cafe. I was warmly greeted and then quickly seated, and within just a few minutes a wonderfully tasting breakfast was served. There were very good portions (I had the french toast with eggs and bacon) and plenty of fresh fruit on the side(good thing too, because I was pretty hungry that morning). The coffee was delicious and the service very friendly. It was so easy to relax there, too. Thanks to such quick service, I had plenty of time to have a second cup of coffee along with my newspaper and even struck up a conversation with a local couple having coffee there. I'll be back, for sure.

• Visited November 2012