“It was average”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Beltsville
Miami, Florida
“It was average”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed here in May of 2013. I was on a leisure trip and I wasn't so satisfied. I'm used to going to hotels with complimentary breakfast. I had to pay an extra fee for breakfast. However, what i did like was the fact that you have to go to a private room to be served breakfast (self serve). It also had a computer and television. I love the fact that it had an on site movie theater. I would not return here to be honest.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
ashley j,
Thank you for writing. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a satisfying stay. Your feedback is important to us as we strive to provide all guests with a rewarding experience. We value your business and hope you'll give us another chance the next time you travel to the area. Thank you again for writing.

Gem Gurcan, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Used the hotel couple of times, but booked it for a night in march 2014, due to family emergency I couldnt call to cancel or use it. An excellent staff of sheraton took full responsibilty and made sure I got my refunds. she called me time to time during the period and was their all the way until I was refunded. Thats the kind of organization you can count-on in time of crisis. Good job

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
ola o,
Thank you for taking the time to recognize our staff's excellence in service at Sheraton Washington North. I look forward to sharing your comments with our team and commending their efforts that added extra comfort during a time of crisis. We hope to extend our hospitality to you again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on multiple occassions for business travel. Each time I stay I remind myself to never return. This last visit was absolutely my last.
I always request a high quiet floor room. On this occasion I paid the extra for a club level floor to take advantage of the continental breakfast.
When I checked in I was rewarded with the smallest room in the hotel, barely enough space to do sit-ups in the morning. The room was adjacent to the guest laundry room and elevators - hardly quiet. To top that I had to make two trips back to the front desk to get a key that worked, to gain access to this lovely room. I spent two nights, the first morning, noted that the outlet in the bathroom did not work. I told the front desk - however the problem was not corrected. In addition my room was not completely serviced. I asked the front desk for another room and was told they were completely booked. As a sat in the lobby waiting for a fellow traveler, a person checked in who was "upgraded" to a club room - I guess there were not completely booked!
I do want to say that the staff in the restaurant are about the nicest people you will ever meet. Even though they have to serve mediocre fare.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Wannabegardening
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Wannabegardening,
Thank you for writing and bringing these concerns to my attention. We sincerely regret the service failures and inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay. Please know your satisfaction is our highest priority and we will make improvements to ensure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We value your patronage and hope you'll consider giving us another chance. Thank you again for your feedback.

Gem Gurcan, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Beltsville hotels

Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Spending over 200 nights a year in hotels, I appreciate when a hotel gets it right and makes my stay as comfortable as possible. I arrived after 8:00PM for a business meeting the next day and only stayed 12 hours before having to check-out but I had a great stay. Check-in was effortless. I was given a room on top floor. The room was comfortable and quiet. What more can you ask for?

My room (at the end of the hall) was triangular shaped, which gave it a different look (I really liked it!) and it was very spacious. The bed was great (Sheraton has some of the best beds in the industry) and the room even had a small refrigerator and microwave. I definitely would have been comfortable here for a longer stay.

I saw a previous review that said the hotel needs a makeover. I only saw the lobby and the Lounge Level (9th floor) but everything I saw was very nice, especially my room.

It was only a short one-night stay but I would definitely stay again if I'm in the area.

Room Tip: If you're a SPG member, try for the 9th floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JRMChicago
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
JRMChicago,
Thank you for sharing your positive reflections from your stay with us at Sheraton Washington North. We're pleased to know you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our accommodations perfectly suited for your business travels. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is the second year we have stayed in this hotel during a hockey tournament. This year was worse than last year. I would never stay here again if I didn't have to. We didn't have a choice, as the hockey tournament scheduled this hotel for our team. The white comforter on one of the beds in our room had a blood stain on it. Gross! The towels and floor mat had stains on them. The housekeeping ladies were rude. They didn't want to give us enough towels, or enough toilet paper. We had to continuously ask for more towels and more toilet paper. And they acted like they didn't understand English. Then, on check-out day, they rushed us out, saying they needed to clean the room. Check out was at noon, not 10. A relative who stayed on a different floor, not part of our group, asked for a late check out. The front desk said no problem, that he could stay until 3:30. At noon the maid opened their door and pulled her cart to the door and rudely demanded that they leave, that she needed to clean the room for the next guests.

Room Tip: The X16 rooms are huge - 116, 216, 316, 416....
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jill S
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Jill S,
Thank you for writing. I'm sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had and sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of your room was not met with our excellence in service. I have discussed your review with our housekeeping staff so we can do a better job at providing the exceptional service and stay that our guests deserve. We hope to have another opportunity to provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a New Year's Eve event. Initially when my husband and I walked into the lobby and was impressed. Unfortunately, the lobby was the best aspect of this hotel. Only three of the towels in our room did not have stains on them. I called to have them replaced and no one came. The decor in this room left a lot to be desired and I am not sure when it had an in-depth cleaning. There was only one phone in the room and it was located on the vanity by the television, which is a terribly inconvenient and have to get out of the bed and walk across the room to use the phone to call guest services. Both nightstands were empty, except on one side there was an alarm clock sitting on the very edge with the cord stretched across the wall plugged into an electrical socket (see attached pictures). You would have to be a very heavy sleeper in this hotel, because you can hear everything around and above you.

Room Tip: There is a hospitality suite on the eighth floor. Choose a different floor if you want less traffic...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katherine G
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Katherine G,
Thank you for writing. We appreciate your feedback from your stay as our highest priority is guest satisfaction. We sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. Your comments provide many opportunities for improving our guest experience. I do want to inform you that our hotel will be going through renovations beginning this Spring. We value you as our guest and do hope you'll return to see our improvements. Thank you again.

New Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Life savior. I was booked at the Marriott but we rescued a dog. I needed to find a hotel that would allow our dog, Maya to stay with us. Sheraton came through for us! We needed to pick up our son from Catholic University, so we could meet up with the rest of our family in N.C. for Thanksgiving. We were booked for 1 night but to avoid a storm we left CT a day early. Clean rooom and delicious breakfast. We will be back in May.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Betty N
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Betty N,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your stay with us at Sheraton Washington North. It's great to hear that our hotel and amenities perfectly suited your travel needs and accommodation requests. We appreciate you selecting our hotel and we hope you'll visit us again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Gem Gurcan, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beltsville
Comfort Inn Capital Beltway / I-95 North
#5 of 12 in Silver Spring
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#3 of 12 in College Park

Been to Sheraton College Park North Hotel? Share your experiences!