“Doesn't live up to the Sheraton brand”

Sheraton College Park North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Beltsville
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

After driving all day ready to stop figure this brand would be better than other chains. It was ok nothing special got off elevator smelled musty as did the room. I thought it strange that the room number signs by elevator and on some rooms face the wrong way. Whatever just passing through its good enough for that. Ate at restaurant and supper was better then expected.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Hockeybo
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Hockeybo,
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the areas we fell short of exceeding your expectations. We have addressed the issues you mentioned with our staff. Your satisfaction is important to us and we hope you'll give us another opportunity to make your stay the best it can be. Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Internet is awfully slow . . . and $10/day!

Staff is unhelpful.

Food is gross and overpriced -- I just walked a half mile to the grocery store every time I needed to eat.

Carpets are mangy.

Bathroom has no surface for toiletries (or even soap dish!).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sam B
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Sam B,
Thank you for writing. We take all feedback very seriously and ask that you contact me directly regarding the issues you experienced during your stay. We're sorry your visit was not satisfactory and we hope to provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

When I walked in a huge group of students had just been checked in. Upon check in I was informed that they don't have any king beds, and that I would be in a room with a double bed. I asked about upgrades, but no everything is sold out. I know it may seem like nitpicking but I travel constantly for work (enough to have platinum status with Starwood and another hotel chain). If I'm out of my house and in a hotel that often I want to be sleeping in a king bed. Nevertheless, I finish check in and then wait as my colleague gets checked in by another desk clerk and lo and behold, he gets a king bed. Miraculously, a room opened up in the 3 minutes after I checked in.

The hotel itself was on par with other Sheratons. No Starbucks in the lobby though.

My main gripe is that platinum or not, you get no special effort here to accommodate your requests. If they truly didn't have a king bed then that's fine, I understand. But don't tell me you don't and then give it out to the next person in line. (For the record, I ended up switching rooms with my colleague, who prefers double beds).

Room Tip: Hope you have a helpful desk clerk
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

freqtraveler3533,
Thank you for writing. We regret the service failures you experienced and sincerely apologize that we did not accommodate your room request upon arrival. We value you as our guest and ask that you contact me directly so we can discuss the issues you encountered. We're committed to your satisfaction and hope you'll give us another opportunity to demonstrate just that. Thank you again.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed here in May of 2013. I was on a leisure trip and I wasn't so satisfied. I'm used to going to hotels with complimentary breakfast. I had to pay an extra fee for breakfast. However, what i did like was the fact that you have to go to a private room to be served breakfast (self serve). It also had a computer and television. I love the fact that it had an on site movie theater. I would not return here to be honest.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

ashley j,
Thank you for writing. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a satisfying stay. Your feedback is important to us as we strive to provide all guests with a rewarding experience. We value your business and hope you'll give us another chance the next time you travel to the area. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Used the hotel couple of times, but booked it for a night in march 2014, due to family emergency I couldnt call to cancel or use it. An excellent staff of sheraton took full responsibilty and made sure I got my refunds. she called me time to time during the period and was their all the way until I was refunded. Thats the kind of organization you can count-on in time of crisis. Good job

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

ola o,
Thank you for taking the time to recognize our staff's excellence in service at Sheraton Washington North. I look forward to sharing your comments with our team and commending their efforts that added extra comfort during a time of crisis. We hope to extend our hospitality to you again in the future. Thank you once again for writing.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on multiple occassions for business travel. Each time I stay I remind myself to never return. This last visit was absolutely my last.
I always request a high quiet floor room. On this occasion I paid the extra for a club level floor to take advantage of the continental breakfast.
When I checked in I was rewarded with the smallest room in the hotel, barely enough space to do sit-ups in the morning. The room was adjacent to the guest laundry room and elevators - hardly quiet. To top that I had to make two trips back to the front desk to get a key that worked, to gain access to this lovely room. I spent two nights, the first morning, noted that the outlet in the bathroom did not work. I told the front desk - however the problem was not corrected. In addition my room was not completely serviced. I asked the front desk for another room and was told they were completely booked. As a sat in the lobby waiting for a fellow traveler, a person checked in who was "upgraded" to a club room - I guess there were not completely booked!
I do want to say that the staff in the restaurant are about the nicest people you will ever meet. Even though they have to serve mediocre fare.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Wannabegardening
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Wannabegardening,
Thank you for writing and bringing these concerns to my attention. We sincerely regret the service failures and inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay. Please know your satisfaction is our highest priority and we will make improvements to ensure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We value your patronage and hope you'll consider giving us another chance. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Spending over 200 nights a year in hotels, I appreciate when a hotel gets it right and makes my stay as comfortable as possible. I arrived after 8:00PM for a business meeting the next day and only stayed 12 hours before having to check-out but I had a great stay. Check-in was effortless. I was given a room on top floor. The room was comfortable and quiet. What more can you ask for?

My room (at the end of the hall) was triangular shaped, which gave it a different look (I really liked it!) and it was very spacious. The bed was great (Sheraton has some of the best beds in the industry) and the room even had a small refrigerator and microwave. I definitely would have been comfortable here for a longer stay.

I saw a previous review that said the hotel needs a makeover. I only saw the lobby and the Lounge Level (9th floor) but everything I saw was very nice, especially my room.

It was only a short one-night stay but I would definitely stay again if I'm in the area.

Room Tip: If you're a SPG member, try for the 9th floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JRMChicago
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

JRMChicago,
Thank you for sharing your positive reflections from your stay with us at Sheraton Washington North. We're pleased to know you enjoyed a comfortable stay and found our accommodations perfectly suited for your business travels. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you again for writing.

Gem Gurcan, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beltsville
Comfort Inn Capital Beltway / I-95 North
Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North
Holiday Inn Washington College Park
Holiday Inn Express & Suites College Park-University Area
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Laurel
Hampton Inn - College Park
Hampton Inn - College Park
#3 of 12 in College Park

Been to Sheraton College Park North Hotel? Share your experiences!