“Decent food in a *severe* "food desert"”
Review of Tj's of Calverton

Tj's of Calverton
Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in Beltsville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Ate lunch here b/c of nearby conference; it's what we cld find & get to quickly.

Busy place; very popular w seniors.

My tuna-stuffed tomato had very little tuna salad, but it was attractively presented & all the fruits & vegetables were fresh, as was my colleague's garden salad. My spouse liked her pork roast & my friend said her burger was good.

Their deserts looked delicious, but no one in my party indulged.

I wld eat there again if I found myself in Beltsville.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

TJs just opened their doors for breakfast, and it is worth a trip to taste it. Start off with some Sweet Potato Puffs (sort of like hushpuppies) - yummy. French toast was great - one person in our group had one of the "skillet dishes" she liked it. The side of fruit was nearly enough to be the meal. Good coffee and good service and good value. TJs fits the bill!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

The BBQ sandwich and the French dip were very good. The rainbow trout was dry and bland. We enjoyed the baked potatoes and salads. The server was very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

The restaurant has been around for a long time. Really good food in my opinion, the service is good, but sometimes the food comes out a little slow. If you're looking for a quick place, this is probably not what you're looking for. But the food is good and it's a nice quiet place to have lunch or dinner.

I love their club sandwich, they always have tilapia specials and my family really enjoys going to TJ's.

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Stopped in based on reviews, not disappointed. Had the spring special philly, chicken cheesesteak..Awesome flavor. Thanks Melissa for making me feel welcome and comfortable!!!