“Just What We Wanted” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
montreal/stowe
“Just What We Wanted”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Coming from the north , we wanted an well priced nice hotel just off I-95 north of the beltway with very easy access. This is just what we got.. Check-in was easy. Our room was clean and in good shape on the 4th floor. Lots of parking . Breakfast was the standard selection with good muffins but no yogurt.

We used our hotel loyalty points for this place. We were more then pleased when we weren't charged a cent for anything. Great !This hotel was perfect for our needs.

Room Tip: Go for a 3rd or 4th floor room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

The room was fair, but the bathroom needed repair. Maid service came very late in the day. The exercise room was very poor. The breakfast was fair to good. Overall, not a great value for the money. Hotel needs a makeover.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ajbivmd
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

My regular hotel I stay at while in the College Park was book, so I took a chance on the Comfort Inn on Powder Mill Road. First lets start by saying the staff was warm, friendly and very helpful. My first room had a strong odor. They quickly moved me to a new room that was much more pleasant smelling. The room was clean, the linens good. The bathroom way beyond needing a facelift. Very old looking and a shower head you really can't stand under if your a normal height male. The lobby, hallways, and elevators all look like well worn. I guess I am spoiled by my normal hotel in College Park I stay at. For about 9 dollars more a night I get a much nicer experience in facilities.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Steven B
Lake Orion, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was traveling with a group of young folks on a college tour - checked in on April 19th - late in the day. After getting all the young folks settled, I went to my room. The smoke detector was on the table, no iron and no hair dryer.

Monday AM - we left at 7:30 AM - and our group leader got a call - said I was smoking in the room and there would be a $250 charge. I talked to the GM - told him I was 62 and had never smoked in my life. Plus shared that the detector was on the table - ask the maids. He said it was "fresh smoke" - so it had to be me.

In addition, the maintenance manager told me the smoke was from the guy before me - and that he had shred that with the GM. GM said he would just take my word for it - and would not own up to the fact the fact that he falsely accused me.

I called the management firm for the hotel - they promised to review, check with the staff and get back to me - that was 30 days ago. I suggested they look at their records - see if they charged the previous customer for smoking - they could not tell me if they did.

When I did return to my room on Monday evening, the did put an iron, hair dryer and fixed the detector. Still my concern if they did not own up to making the false claim.

Bottom line - please be careful that this hotel does not try to charge you form smoking - even when they know it was not you. My opinion, no integrity - and if I can't trust the GM and his team, it is unlikely that I will ever stay at this facility again.

Room Tip: Make sure you report any room issues immediately.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Donald F
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed 5 nights while attending a conference in Silver Springs. Greeted by very pleasant and helpful staff, Kenya and Jessica. Helpful to print off directions and map to shopping, and WA DC. Room quiet, bed very comfortable. A/C worked well. Breakfast is the usual hot breakfast that this chain runs, nothing outstanding, but certainly met the need. Staff in dining room most friendly and helpful. Appreciated that there were a couple large groups of high school teams visiting that they had their breakfast provided in a separate room. There was no noise at night from the traveling teams. The 'Giant' grocery store is across the street, as is CVS. Wendy's is at the back of the property. Will certainly stay again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Bowie, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Never in my life have I had a horrible experience like this one. Last year, I reserved a block of rooms for myself, my husband, and his family coming from out of town who were attending our wedding. I placed the bridal suite on hold for April 26th of this year, and the executive suite for my husband and a couple of the groomsmen. I gave my credit card number to ensure that I would receive those rooms in particular. There was also a contract signed. Either the end of last year or the beginning of this year, my sister and I took a tour of the hotel and were guaranteed by Nicole that I would have the bridal suite and the groom would have the executive suite to prepare the day of our wedding. The bridal suite was cute and great for photos. I also liked that I would be able to have some privacy to prepare for my big day. A week before my wedding, I called to confirm that I would have the bridal suite and executive suite. I was even given the room number for the bridal suite so I could let my makeup artist, bridesmaids, and photographer know. All was well until the day of my check-in. I called the hotel earlier that day letting them know that I would have to check-in late and I was told that that was okay. I wanted to make sure that the bridesmaids would be able to be at the hotel so my maid of honor checked in for me. When I arrived at the hotel, I was surprised to learn that the bridal suite was given away to another party that was there. I WAS LIVID to say the least. The lady at the front desk said that my check-in date wasn't until the next day, April 27th. However, if that were true how would my maid of honor be able to check-in? We caught her in a lie. Then the truth came out. The receptionist said that there was a meeting a couple days (on Thursday, April 24th to be exact) prior to my check-in and they decided to give the bridal suite away! How can you give a room away that someone reserved and signed a contract for?! Again, it was the day before my wedding, and I was already stressed out. My sister called my mom who spoke to the receptionist and requested that they give me 3 rooms for free, which they did, one being an executive suite with broken chairs, however, I was not satisfied. My photographer really could not get great shots because of the room I had. Not only that, but the receptionist was not able to tell one of my bridesmaids which room she was in. I was there when my sister and my maid of honor gave the receptionist all of the bridesmaids names so that she could reserve rooms for them. No words. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy, nor will I ever stay at another comfort inn, even for convenience. People, please don't waste your money or your time dealing with this place.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank tbell2010
Ken W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Capital Beltway / I-95 North, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Good afternoon tbell2010,

First and foremost please accept my sincere apology for your stay -- certainly not something that is normal to happen to our team.

Please call me as I need to understand more of the details regarding your event -- On our sales contracts we never guarantee a suite number as there are so many variables that could occur that would prevent us from having this type of let down possible. My direct number is 240-965-2100 so we can please discuss.

Respectfully,

Ken White
Comfort Inn Beltsville, MD
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed for two nights with 60 middle schoolers and 10 other adults at the end of April 2014. The staff was very hospitable and did everything to fulfill our needs. The breakfast was with fresh food and plenty to eat. The hotel is clean and pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank rimona
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beltsville
Sheraton College Park North Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Silver Spring North
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#6 of 17 in Laurel

Been to Comfort Inn Capital Beltway / I-95 North? Share your experiences!