“Nice ambiance”

Positano Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #29 of 364 Restaurants in Bethesda
Price range: US$1 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Full service Italian restaurant with also four private party rooms and garden terrace for outside dining.
Bethesda, Md
“Nice ambiance”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

but the food is mediocre. Pleasant patio, quiet enough to talk, but the pasta is just not very good. I took a friend there and was a little embarrassed.

• Visited July 2013

Bethesda, Maryland
“"Gem in Bethesda"”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

With a name like Aldo, my husband loves Italian food! We went for lunch the other day and my salmon and his carbonara were both delicious! The atmosphere is also very warm and, well...Italian!! We liked it so much that we booked our daughter's upcoming graduation party there. It will be held in one of the numerous party rooms--the Wine Room, perfect for a party of 20. Can't wait!

• Visited March 2014
Bethesda, Maryland
“Positano Ristorante Italiano”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I can't for the life of me understand how this less than average restaurant stays in business. And it had for years and years. The food is never good, I've had better from the frozen section of my grocery store. The seasonings are underwhelming. The food has no zest as Italian food should have. But it has its following, just not me.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Sandy C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Family Kitchen”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The food is to die for and the ambiance is fun and comfortable. Believe me I usually go there two-three times a month to satisfy my cravings for Italian food.
The owner is very kind and always wanders over to your table to make sure you have all you need and engage with a light conversation when ever she is there.
Positano's is one of the best that Bethesda has to offer in my opinion!

• Visited February 2014
touroneinc, Owner at Positano Ristorante Italiano, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Hi Eve!

Thank you very much for the positive comments. We work hard to offer good food and friendly, efficient service, and I’m so glad your visit was enjoyable. I will pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good, if somewhat average, Italian food”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We have been here several times and the food have been a bit uneven. Some dishes are excellent (the seafood is usually is quite good), while others are average at best (the lasagna, for example). The wine list is extensive with some good choices. Service was attentive and the servers knowledgeable. We had no problem getting a table. The last two times we were there (middle of the week), most of the tables were empty.

• Visited January 2014
Hi GeneDoc57,

Thank you for your honest feedback. Our customers feedback is very important to us! We will pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.