“it defends the prestige of Italian cuisine but...”
Review of Assaggi Mozzarella Bar - CLOSED

Assaggi Mozzarella Bar
Price range: US$35 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Arlington & Woodmont
Transit: Metro stop is a 5 minute walk from Assaggi. Bethesda metro Stop.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The Restaurant defends the prestige of Italian cuisine butit is not excelled. Great service, attention to customer needs as well, but the writer along with the other three guests were expected a culinary dedication more accurate especially on pasta dishes. Selected wines and sympathy of the environment and the staff. The next time we would like to meet with the Italian chef at our table; this in order to understand the connection of the selected ingredients that can be an interesting solution and not an unexpected surprise (pleasant but not entirely understood).

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I tried to make reservations today, and couldn't get through by phone, Open Table or the contact information link on their Web Site. I called their McLean Restaturant, and was told that the Bethesda Restaurant was closed. Too bad - I heard it was a great place to eat!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is another of my favorite restaurants in Bethesda.. the food and service is excellent most times with possible exceptions on the service during times when the restaurant is jam packed with diners. (Valentine's Day dinners, for example.) I was last at the restaurant for Happy Hour and almost made a meal out of what I ordered for Happy Hour. (I cannot recall now what I had... should have reviewed right after being there.) Parking is almost impossible in that part of Bethesda so take the metro to the Bethesda metro station and ride the Bethesda Circulator (free) bus to the Barnes and Noble stop at the corner of Woodmont and Bethesda Avenues. After a short walk to mid-way down the block on Bethesda Ave you will find yourself at Assaggi.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Met friends who live in town who had this place recommended by neighbour.
As the potential to really good restaurant......
.... Good mostly Northern Italian menu. I really enjoyed the beet "Rape" salad, but the breaded veal Milansese was fantastic especially with the side order of spaghetti pomodoro that seemed somewhat reluctant to serve (very Italian!) . Great smooth Tuscan wine.
Tiramisu a bit disappointing as seriously lacking in coffee and way too sweet. Was glad that we shared it as it wasn't good enough to warrant the calories of a full portion each.
The table seemed to have several waiters all incapable of remembering an order or writing it down and certainly no recollection as to whose dish was whose.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I really enjoyed this restaurant! The food was the best Italian fare by far in the area, and I've had my share. I would definitely go back again. The location is wonderful, in the midst of shops and other fine dining with a vibrant atmosphere. The fresh mozzarella was the best I've ever tasted and the pasta was perfectly prepared. They also have an extensive and wonderful wine list. Definitely try their Super Tuscan Ciacci Piccolomini d'Aragona which is an incredible red wine! The service was also excellent. I'll definitely return for more!